BBO Discussion Forums: Challenge Event 8A - Knockouts information + results - BBO Discussion Forums

• 8 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Challenge Event 8A - Knockouts information + results

#101 User is offline   pio_magic 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2017-May-18, 15:31

pio_magic-wackojack last set..

50/50. http://webutil.bridg...128&u=pio_magic

Congratulations :)

#102 User is offline   Wackojack 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I have discovered that the water cooler is a chrono-synclastic infundibulum

Posted 2017-May-18, 16:23

Wackojack 8 Pio_magic 8

tie

http://webutil.bridg...128&u=wackojack
May 2003: Mission accomplished
Oct 2006: Mission impossible
Soon: Mission illegal

#103 User is offline   m1cha 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2017-May-18, 17:14

View Postovncylmz, on 2017-May-18, 14:22, said:

m1cha-linxu01 last set..
I played it yesterday and I am quite confident linxu01 will play and report it within 4 - 5 hours.

#104 User is offline   linxu01 

• PipPipPip

Posted 2017-May-18, 18:24

http://webutil.bridg...91601&u=linxu01

linxu01 6.5 : M1cha 9.5

#105 User is offline   ovncylmz 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2017-May-18, 22:41

PLEASE START SEMI-FINALS >> LET'S SET MONDAY NIGHT AS THE DEADLINE..

#106 User is offline   sieong 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2017-May-18, 22:49

sieong - nullve
8 - 8
http://webutil.bridg...995581&u=sieong

#107 User is offline   nullve 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:partscores

Posted 2017-May-19, 12:28

sieong - nullve 6.5 - 9.5

http://webutil.bridg...169403&u=nullve

#108 User is offline   sieong 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2017-May-19, 22:48

sieong - nullve
7.5 - 8.5
http://webutil.bridg...218613&u=sieong

#109 User is offline   cherdano 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2017-May-20, 03:27

View Postovncylmz, on 2017-May-18, 14:20, said:

Yes you guys are just too slow - we started playing the KOs 2 weeks ago and you could only play 6 and 7 sets..

I played my round of 16 match in 2.5 days. Then it took olegru and me 5 days to finish our QF match. Partly because olegru missed that he was now playing in the silver KO as he explained (easy to miss IMO). Partly because due to normal family emergencies it took me two full days to finish the last set.

So, because I was slow on one challenge, I am threatened with disqualification. Just relax a bit, ok?
The easiest way to count losers is to line up the people who talk about loser count, and count them. -Kieran Dyke

#110 User is offline   nullve 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2017-May-20, 05:53

mullve - sieong 8 - 8

http://webutil.bridg...255744&u=nullve

#111 User is offline   Wackojack 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I have discovered that the water cooler is a chrono-synclastic infundibulum

Posted 2017-May-20, 11:05

wackojack 7 Olegru 9

http://webutil.bridg...908&u=wackojack
May 2003: Mission accomplished
Oct 2006: Mission impossible
Soon: Mission illegal

#112 User is offline   sieong 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2017-May-20, 15:09

Thanks for the match nullve. Good luck in the final.

#113 User is offline   nullve 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2017-May-20, 15:39

View Postsieong, on 2017-May-20, 15:09, said:

Thanks for the match nullve. Good luck in the final.

Thanks. :)

#114 User is offline   ovncylmz 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2017-May-20, 19:14

View Postcherdano, on 2017-May-20, 03:27, said:

I played my round of 16 match in 2.5 days. Then it took olegru and me 5 days to finish our QF match. Partly because olegru missed that he was now playing in the silver KO as he explained (easy to miss IMO). Partly because due to normal family emergencies it took me two full days to finish the last set.

So, because I was slow on one challenge, I am threatened with disqualification. Just relax a bit, ok?

LOL bro - you relax a bit. Your math is so bad, I assume - we posted the games at May 5 (let's say you saw in May 6th), and you finished your 2nd match in May 18th. So in 13 days, you played 6 sets of bridge. 2.5+5 is 7.5, what did you do in the other 5.5 days? It just doesn't add up sorry.

I messaged you multiple times in BBO and did not get any explanation or anything - so I decided to write here. We do not babysit people here, if you cannot finish on time and if you also don't let us know about what is going on, you will be disqualified because we cannot wait randomly for people who don't care about us knowing what is going on. And if there is a problem with your opponent, you also need to explain this here so we can figure out, do not explain after the game is over and you lose.

After now, please don't write your personal comments here, pm me if needed - these threads are for score posting and organizer announcements, not for people telling each other to relax.

Cheers.

#115 User is offline   smerriman 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2017-May-20, 20:47

View Postovncylmz, on 2017-May-20, 19:14, said:

2.5+5 is 7.5, what did you do in the other 5.5 days? It just doesn't add up sorry.

cherdano is actually correct; the other 5 days cherdano was waiting to find out whether to play olegru or icycookie, which was where the delay happened.

#116 User is offline   ovncylmz 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2017-May-20, 21:03

View Postsmerriman, on 2017-May-20, 20:47, said:

cherdano is actually correct; the other 5 days cherdano was waiting to find out whether to play olegru or icycookie, which was where the delay happened.

Yea, I know that, olegru-icycookie game finished way late (I posted here and warned them multiple times). It does not matter though, if you experience a problem, it does not mean that you don't need to share any information here and can just wait. I wrote both olegru and cherdano multiple times here and in BBO and didn't get any answer. If something is wrong, if we ask here multiple times and get no explanation - what should we do? Just wait forever?

Same issue happened in the Swiss event, nekthen-thelad did not play their match from last week and also never told what happened. We can continue the Swiss event by assigning them an adjusted result, but 6 sets in 13 days is just too slow for our event.

I also don't understand threatening etc., when did we disqualify somebody without having a serious problem? I just try to make things faster - again 6 sets in 13 days whatever the reason is so slow.

Short story - if Cherdano is not the reason of wait - he should come here and let us know. We are just doing this thing voluntary, and I don't want to spend 10-15 minutes every day to pick words from people's mouth. And if he is not the reason of the wait, he should be aware that we are not gonna kick him.

#117 User is offline   cherdano 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2017-May-21, 03:26

After now, please don't write your personal comments here, pm me if needed - these threads are for score posting and organizer announcements, not for people telling each other to relax.

That's not how this works - if I get criticised in this thread, I get to respond in this thread (especially if the criticism got fact wrong).

LOL bro - you relax a bit. Your math is so bad, I assume - we posted the games at May 5 (let's say you saw in May 6th), and you finished your 2nd match in May 18th. So in 13 days, you played 6 sets of bridge. 2.5+5 is 7.5, what did you do in the other 5.5 days? It just doesn't add up sorry.

View Postovncylmz, on 2017-May-20, 21:03, said:

Yea, I know that, olegru-icycookie game finished way late (I posted here and warned them multiple times).

These two paragraphs flatly contradict each other.

I messaged you multiple times in BBO and did not get any explanation or anything - so I decided to write here.

That's not correct. First of all, I only remember one BBO message from you, and indeed I can only find one message from you in my BBO inbox (May 15, 3:38, saying "start your match vs olegru - you got into Silver KO"). By the time I saw that message I had already reported the first result, and had replied to your message in this thread (posts #59 and #60 in this thread). So it didn't seem necessary to reply on BBO too. But I guess I should have, since you apparently missed my reporting of the first set.

So, it is not true that you messaged me multiple times on BBO. It is also not true that you didn't get an explanation - I wrote here that we had started the thread, and olegru wrote in this thread taking responsibility for our slow start (#87). What else should we have done?

View Postovncylmz, on 2017-May-20, 21:03, said:

It does not matter though, if you experience a problem, it does not mean that you don't need to share any information here and can just wait. I wrote both olegru and cherdano multiple times here and in BBO and didn't get any answer. If something is wrong, if we ask here multiple times and get no explanation - what should we do? Just wait forever?

Again this is not correct, you did get replies (but maybe missed them), and you were informed fairly promptly at all times what ws going on.

My own summary is a little different. I really appreciate you running these events, and I know these kind of things look a lot more annoying from your point of view than one realises. But here you pushed a bit too hard IMO - we were mostly late because our KO match had started late (which maybe you temporarily forgot), and you missed that we had already reported the first set, and perhaps you missed some of our replies.
The easiest way to count losers is to line up the people who talk about loser count, and count them. -Kieran Dyke

#118 User is offline   ovncylmz 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2017-May-21, 08:09

View Postcherdano, on 2017-May-21, 03:26, said:

That's not how this works - if I get criticised in this thread, I get to respond in this thread (especially if the criticism got fact wrong).

That's not correct. First of all, I only remember one BBO message from you, and indeed I can only find one message from you in my BBO inbox (May 15, 3:38, saying "start your match vs olegru - you got into Silver KO"). By the time I saw that message I had already reported the first result, and had replied to your message in this thread (posts #59 and #60 in this thread). So it didn't seem necessary to reply on BBO too. But I guess I should have, since you apparently missed my reporting of the first set.

So, it is not true that you messaged me multiple times on BBO. It is also not true that you didn't get an explanation - I wrote here that we had started the thread, and olegru wrote in this thread taking responsibility for our slow start (#87). What else should we have done?

Again this is not correct, you did get replies (but maybe missed them), and you were informed fairly promptly at all times what ws going on.

My own summary is a little different. I really appreciate you running these events, and I know these kind of things look a lot more annoying from your point of view than one realises. But here you pushed a bit too hard IMO - we were mostly late because our KO match had started late (which maybe you temporarily forgot), and you missed that we had already reported the first set, and perhaps you missed some of our replies.

Okay you don't understand the mechanics, also keeping this public - so I will go public too:

0) You didn't get criticized. You had a very slow pace, you did not explain it to us and you were given a warning. But then you came and accused me of threatening you - which made me very upset. I spend a significant amount of time on this, and you were lazy to explain things to me and then I threaten you? And then you criticize my approach in public. Then I answer public of course. I hate it but I am going to do it - sorry.

1) When somebody messages you in BBO, how difficult is it to respond? We are dealing with multiple issues (we don't only deal with olegru-cherdano game), and I cannot spend every day 10 minutes for finding these people and getting a sentence from their mouth.

2) Yes, I clearly missed the result of the first set, because somebody forgot to enter that result (but entered results after that, it may be even me - I don't know). If you post a result here and if you cannot see it in Dropbox file within 24 hours, probably you need to warn us anyway, especially when you see that your game is much slower.

3) I told you guys that you are very slow in 15th - if you think that you are not the source of slow play, you must state it immediately. Otherwise, you are slow too, we cannot keep track of how many days you played etc. Even I didn't miss the first set result, you were still too slow by 17th (you played only 4 sets in 12 days, if you are not the reason - come here and explain or respond my BBO message instead of putting a result and leave the thread for another 2 days).

4) Then I gave you 2 more days, which is a super fair deal, because even in gold KO, one semi final was over and the other semi final was ready to start (although one QF went to overtime 3 or 4 times). We clearly won't disqualify you if you play everything on time, we are not retarded or something. However, if you don't let us know about what is going on, how can you expect us to understand?

5) When olegru took the responsibility (#87) - it was already after I gave you a deadline. He responded and took the blame. I got the explanation after I finally "threatened" (your word) you guys. To be honest, I don't feel sorry or something - because without putting that pressure, these tournaments will not work - most people don't care.

You can write more here, I will respond here.

#119 User is offline   ovncylmz 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2017-May-21, 08:31

View Postcherdano, on 2017-May-21, 03:26, said:

By the way -- I am not going to run or help any of BBO Challenge Events after finishing this event. After each tournament, somebody comes and says something public mainly about me - without understanding what we are doing here and without considering the amateur efforts.

3-4 people here are putting a lot of effort voluntarily. We keep a MP system, get registrations, decide on tournament system based on the feedback, make the draws, prepare schedules, follow the thread and enter scores manually, prepare threads/update threads, answer questions, solve a lot of mechanical issues. Spyrosm literally takes care of whole Swiss by itself - using a computer system to keep things smoother. It is not enough, some people who don't care about events just don't play their games on time, don't inform us about what is going on. We reach people individually (especially think about the fully open event - with full of random players), try to figure out the issue, sometimes never get a response or explanation other than a game result link (Yes, some people are so lazy - they cannot even post but just send their game links to me pm in BBO!).

We try to keep this experience nice for everyone - and one of the biggest issues are slow play. We know that challenges are difficult to deal with and we know that people have other lives, but if you commit a free event in this quality (yes, you play against a lot of good players all around the world) - you need to help the organizers, at least by informing them clearly if something is wrong.

For Cherdano's case, if the First Round announcements are made in May 5th and you played only 3 or 4 sets by May 17th, you are very slow. You got warned in May 15th - you got warned in May 17th and got 2 full days to complete 2 sets - if you cannot finish, we cannot wait for you because we are flexible but not that flexible.

If both people don't write me (public or private) about the reason - then both will be disqualified. If you think that olegru is the reason, then just reach us out. If you are not done by May 19th, we will evaluate the situation and make a decision. If we think that it is olegru's fault - we can make you go to next round. If we feel that the situation is delicate, we can give you another day. We don't threaten you - we just try to keep the tournament alive. Every day you steal from a round, you basically steal from the next round and make it unfair for the other player waiting there forever (You had the same issue, Cherdano and if you don't want this, you need to speak up in time).

Thanks for everyone, we had a lot of issues but mostly ran a lot of successful tournaments. I will talk to my friends about this, and hopefully BBO Challenge Events will continue.

#120 User is offline   m1cha 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2017-May-21, 11:56

m1cha - ovncylmz
6.5 - 9.5 (40.63 %)
http://webutil.bridg...5328292&u=m1cha

• 8 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3 User(s) are reading this topic