BBO Discussion Forums: Hide sections for daylong tourney results - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Hide sections for daylong tourney results Prevent hanging

#1 User is offline   manudude03 

• - - A AKQJT9876543
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2017-May-03, 17:25

I've been playing a lot of daylong tourneys lately. The major issue I have with them is that when the results come up, I can't get them to load without it hanging on me until I am prompted to kill the page. I think the server is trying to load the thousands of players who play in them, and I think the load times would be much better if the sections were hidden, or at least have a button for each section you can click for an HTTP request to load that section only.
Wayne Somerville

#2 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2017-May-04, 09:11

The daylong tourneys aren't divided into sections.

#3 User is offline   manudude03 

• - - A AKQJT9876543
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2017-May-04, 19:43

I must confess I haven't looked down to see if it had split, but when it says Section 1, I assumed there were multiple sections. Either way, I don't think it should try and display all the results. Show the top 100 or so if you must, but loading the results is asking for browser issues.
Wayne Somerville

#4 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2017-May-05, 08:16

View Postmanudude03, on 2017-May-04, 19:43, said:

I must confess I haven't looked down to see if it had split, but when it says Section 1, I assumed there were multiple sections. Either way, I don't think it should try and display all the results. Show the top 100 or so if you must, but loading the results is asking for browser issues.

We've talked about this, and we're probably going to redesign the results at some point.

But we don't just show the top 100 because we added the "Friends" results a couple of months ago, and we want to include all your friends.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users