BBO Discussion Forums: How to get 3000+ points on Bridge 4 Game - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How to get 3000+ points on Bridge 4 Game

#1 User is offline   slamdruid 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2017-April-30, 11:15

Hi,

I've been playing a lot of solitaire bridge 4 games ... and typically start when the leader board scores are reset for the day.

However, I can't even come close to what other players get on the leader boards. I'm wondering how the other players are consistently getting 3000-4000 points during the same time period, while I don't even get good hands to make game, forget about slam.

Does Bridge 4 Game give you better hands based on how accurate your bidding + play is?

Thanks

#2 User is offline   johnu 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2017-May-02, 15:21

1) Play fast and play often. The more hands you play, the more likely you are to get 4 hands in a row where you can score high.
2) If you can't bid a slam on the 1st hand, quit the game and start over. If slam looks at all likely on the 1st hand, bid a slam and quit as soon as you have 0% chance of making. If your goal is to get a high score, starting with a minus score is almost always fatal. Even a partscore or game means you need huge scores on the final 3 hands. Pretty long odds. Starting with slam on hand 1 gives you the best chance of a high score. Don't waste time continuing to play if your chances of getting a high score are infinitesimal since you only have so much time.

#3 User is offline   AyunuS 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2017-May-13, 12:24

Their scores are misleading. Consider that lots of people play, so some just happen to get really good hands. They don't come often, but it's mostly all about slams, preferably grand slams.

#4 User is offline   Stefan_O 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2017-May-14, 18:34

yes, it is a plain ridiculous and destructive practice by BBO to just count total-points on random-hands --- like they even did in the red/blue survivor a while ago.

and without even clearly stating how completely silly and lottery-like this scoring practice is.

it will, of course, confuse less experienced players and turn them away from the game in disappointment without even understanding the circumstances.

even with random-hands, it is so easy and simple to come up with something better.
for example, you could IMP against the par-result on each deal, or something similar.
still not ideal, of course, when people compete against each other on different random-deals, but at least not as bad as just adding up total-points which means absolutely nothing.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users