BBO Discussion Forums: Challenge Event 8B (Swiss) Information & Results - BBO Discussion Forums

Jump to content

  • 9 Pages +
  • « First
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Challenge Event 8B (Swiss) Information & Results

#141 User is offline   JJ_ 

  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 49
  • Joined: 2008-July-24
  • Gender:Male

Posted 2017-May-23, 22:15

JJ_ / Gerardo
36 - 18
http://webutil.bridg...495570848&u=JJ_
1

#142 User is offline   scarletv 

  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Posts: 257
  • Joined: 2009-April-27
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Germany, Bavaria

Posted 2017-May-24, 00:23

scarletv / heart76
9 / 10
-1

http://webutil.bridg...2371&u=scarletv
1

#143 User is offline   shuba 

  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 38
  • Joined: 2009-January-25

Posted 2017-May-24, 01:39

http://webutil.bridg...5432767&u=shuba

Xavierf / Shuba 13: 49 (-36)
1

#144 User is offline   Ant590 

  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Posts: 702
  • Joined: 2005-July-17
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Melbourne, Australia

Posted 2017-May-24, 04:02

Frank0 - Ant590
8 - 21
http://webutil.bridg...aeb4-1495434166
1

#145 User is offline   powerduck 

  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 22
  • Joined: 2007-November-03

Posted 2017-May-24, 08:08

powerduck (49) - stoppiello (25)

http://webutil.bridg...266&u=powerduck
1

#146 User is offline   twisterrz 

  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 20
  • Joined: 2017-April-23

Posted 2017-May-25, 09:54

http://webutil.bridg...249&u=twisterrz

twisterrz 31 - 22 marmar52 (+9)
1

#147 User is offline   Wackojack 

  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Posts: 867
  • Joined: 2004-September-13
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:England
  • Interests:I have discovered that the water cooler is a chrono-synclastic infundibulum

Posted 2017-May-25, 13:54

http://webutil.bridg...088&u=wackojack

Wackojack 25 Tim_Ucin 20
May 2003: Mission accomplished
Oct 2006: Mission impossible
Soon: Mission illegal
1

#148 User is offline   ovncylmz 

  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Posts: 411
  • Joined: 2009-June-24
  • Gender:Male

Posted 2017-May-25, 15:26

Thanks all - we will post the final results soon.
0

#149 User is offline   spyrosm 

  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 23
  • Joined: 2003-May-20
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Athens, Greece

Posted 2017-May-28, 07:04

Final Results:
https://www.dropbox....esults.pdf?dl=0
1

#150 User is offline   xbabarx 

  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Posts: 60
  • Joined: 2015-July-11

Posted 2017-May-28, 09:16

thx
0

#151 User is offline   ovncylmz 

  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Posts: 411
  • Joined: 2009-June-24
  • Gender:Male

Posted 2017-May-28, 12:05

Note that if you are in both 8A and 8B and get MPs from both - you will get the maximum of two.
0

#152 User is offline   frank0 

  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Posts: 433
  • Joined: 2011-April-17
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:US, Irvine CA

Posted 2017-May-28, 12:36

View Postovncylmz, on 2017-May-28, 12:05, said:

Note that if you are in both 8A and 8B and get MPs from both - you will get the maximum of two.

Wait not sum of two?
0

#153 User is offline   ovncylmz 

  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Posts: 411
  • Joined: 2009-June-24
  • Gender:Male

Posted 2017-May-28, 14:58

View Postfrank0, on 2017-May-28, 12:36, said:

Wait not sum of two?


This is from one of the earlier posts:
"After the qualifying rounds are over, we also start registration for the side event. It will be IMP, non-best hand, 2 matches per week. This is open for people who want to play a slower pace or people who get knocked out in the qualifying stage. A player can play in both, but can get MasterPoints only for the Premier event in this case."

Actually, it reads as that people who played in the premier event cannot get any MPs from Swiss - which I find logical, because we want to:
1) use Swiss to find "good" players and include into the group stage of next premier event
2) drop people who played the premier event and did not do well to the qualification stage of next premier event

So for example, if you just regularly perform horrible in the premier event but do well in the side event, you can basically can get rated much better than a person who made it to KO stage of premier event but lost early but did not have any time to play both events.

However, I will be okay with the maximum of two - however, winning MPs from both should not be an option.
0

#154 User is offline   frank0 

  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Posts: 433
  • Joined: 2011-April-17
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:US, Irvine CA

Posted 2017-May-28, 15:22

View Postovncylmz, on 2017-May-28, 14:58, said:

This is from one of the earlier posts:
"After the qualifying rounds are over, we also start registration for the side event. It will be IMP, non-best hand, 2 matches per week. This is open for people who want to play a slower pace or people who get knocked out in the qualifying stage. A player can play in both, but can get MasterPoints only for the Premier event in this case."

Actually, it reads as that people who played in the premier event cannot get any MPs from Swiss - which I find logical, because we want to:
1) use Swiss to find "good" players and include into the group stage of next premier event
2) drop people who played the premier event and did not do well to the qualification stage of next premier event

So for example, if you just regularly perform horrible in the premier event but do well in the side event, you can basically can get rated much better than a person who made it to KO stage of premier event but lost early but did not have any time to play both events.

However, I will be okay with the maximum of two - however, winning MPs from both should not be an option.


OK I'll edit the MP file later.

However in event 7 I used the summation.
0

#155 User is offline   mlbridge 

  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Posts: 61
  • Joined: 2017-February-03

Posted 2017-May-28, 17:20

When is the next series of events? Do we get email notifications or is it only by monitoring this chat board?
0

#156 User is offline   smerriman 

  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Posts: 447
  • Joined: 2014-March-15
  • Gender:Male

Posted 2017-May-28, 19:20

View Postmlbridge, on 2017-May-28, 17:20, said:

When is the next series of events? Do we get email notifications or is it only by monitoring this chat board?

When announced, the registration thread is usually open for around a week, and will be posted in this board. (Given it's specifically an event for active forum participants, knowing people are checking the forum enough to find the thread is an important first step to allowing participation).
0

#157 User is offline   ovncylmz 

  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Posts: 411
  • Joined: 2009-June-24
  • Gender:Male

Posted 2017-May-28, 21:57

View Postfrank0, on 2017-May-28, 15:22, said:

OK I'll edit the MP file later.

However in event 7 I used the summation.


Yes, event 7 was in that format because we did not really make a decision on this - but after changing the entry structure, I thought that this is better. So we keep event 7 as it was but event 8 just maximum for now.
0

#158 User is offline   mlbridge 

  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Posts: 61
  • Joined: 2017-February-03

Posted 2017-May-30, 09:05

Do we actually get MP for this event? If yes, when will they post?
0

#159 User is offline   gordontd 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 3,659
  • Joined: 2009-July-14
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:London

Posted 2017-May-30, 09:14

View Postmlbridge, on 2017-May-30, 09:05, said:

Do we actually get MP for this event? If yes, when will they post?

They are in the final results file, above.
Gordon Rainsford
London UK
0

#160 User is offline   mlbridge 

  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Posts: 61
  • Joined: 2017-February-03

Posted 2017-May-30, 09:19

View Postgordontd, on 2017-May-30, 09:14, said:

They are in the final results file, above.


Do they get posted to BBO?
0

Share this topic:


  • 9 Pages +
  • « First
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users