Training table, question

#1 User is offline   Stefan_O 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2017-April-22, 13:43

For practice purposes, 2 humans against 2 robots,
I would like to set specific hands criteria --- as a trivial example:
(hcp(north)+hcp(south)>=25)

I would also like us to bid and play out the full deal against the robots as in normal play (don't care about the scoring).

It seems, however, for Training Table:
- if I select Bidding Table, all hands will be visible from the start (no play)
- if I select Teaching Table, all hands will be displayed immediately after bidding completes (again, no play)
- if I select MP/IMP/TP scoring, I cannot give specific criteria, like the above, but only select from previous vugraph deals and matches.

Is it not possible to do what I would like to do,
or am I missing something?

#2 User is offline   scarletv 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2017-April-22, 14:24

It is possible to login twice in BBO by using different browsers (Explorer and Chrome for example) and different nicks. One of your users should rent the GIBs. This one opens a teaching table and makes all the setups that you want including inviting you and your partner and the GIBs. You can hide the cards by opening a window like the chat manager. You only need the redeal button visible for the rest.

With the other nick you can bid and play without seeing more than what you should see. When you want to keep the hands for later discussion you must save them manually as they will not be added to the my hands history. You will not be able to compare your results with other tables.

EDIT:

paulg, on 2017-April-22, 15:13, said:

Open the Option menu and check the settings for Teaching options - uncheck the host sees all hands option
This is much easier than working with two nicks.

#3 User is offline   paulg 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2017-April-22, 15:13

Stefan_O, on 2017-April-22, 13:43, said:

For practice purposes, 2 humans against 2 robots,
I would like to set specific hands criteria --- as a trivial example:
(hcp(north)+hcp(south)>=25)

I would also like us to bid and play out the full deal against the robots as in normal play (don't care about the scoring).

It seems, however, for Training Table:
- if I select Bidding Table, all hands will be visible from the start (no play)

There is no play but if both humans and robots are seated, then you should only see your own hand. If you can see all the hands, then Redeal to get a second hand and it should reset itself.

- if I select Teaching Table, all hands will be displayed immediately after bidding completes (again, no play)

Open the Option menu and check the settings for Teaching options - uncheck the host sees all hands option

- if I select MP/IMP/TP scoring, I cannot give specific criteria, like the above, but only select from previous vugraph deals and matches.

This is normal behaviour. You need to select a training or bidding table to set the hand criteria.
The Beer Card

I don't work for BBO and any advice is based on my BBO experience over the decades

#4 User is offline   Stefan_O 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2017-April-22, 15:33

Thanks, Scarlet & Paul!
Seems like useful info --- will try it out! :)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users