BBO Discussion Forums: new bridge system - BBO Discussion Forums

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

new bridge system innovative and systematic

#1 User is offline   radumo 

  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 6
  • Joined: 2012-June-30

Posted 2017-April-18, 02:10

I participated in competitions of bridge some years ago. In all the systems I've seen there are not many invitational sequences to game so many games with tiny chances of success are bid so many IMPs lost. Even after many rounds of bidding the partners do not know the exact distribution, the partners strength, distribution of honors in 4 colors and cue bids are for A or K or shortness so many good slam are not bid and many bad slam are bid. Most of these shortcomings can be remedied by using my bidding system (natural base structure) that can be a turning point in many ways, especially the original conception (a more accurate evaluation of the hands, natural sequences with weak hands, invitational sequences after opening bidding or interventions, relays sequences in which captain find the exact distribution, number of points +1 and the number of controls at game level) from the file The_Professional_System_v8.xlsx. The example files are with all 16 hands x 8 sets =128 hands from the final of the 2015 World Bridge Teams (Bermuda Bowl, Venice Cup, d’Orsi Trophy). The first step after following the link to https://drive.google...N0p3SG1ldDFrWEU is to open (downloads) the word file The 2015 World Bridge Teams.docx For questions, comments, suggestions you can send me a mail at ramocanu@yahoo.com Please forward this to other competition bridge players.
0

#2 User is offline   ahydra 

  • AQT92 AQ --- QJ6532
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 2,342
  • Joined: 2009-September-09
  • Gender:Male

Posted 2017-April-18, 10:48

Please post a system summary, the Excel file is too big to open in Google Sheets or in OpenOffice Calc.

Note that top players often deliberately prefer not to invite. You don't need to have great odds to make game worth it at IMPs, and it's easier for opps to double with a surprise if you give away that you're short on points - not to mention that the defence will often slip up and let the game through, even in a world championship. This is just normal; it's not a system flaw.

ahydra
0

#3 User is offline   fromageGB 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 2,283
  • Joined: 2008-April-06

Posted 2017-April-18, 15:57

The spreadsheet opens fine in my libreoffice, only 820K, but it takes some interpretation. At first glance it seems a considered method of hcp adjustments for "usefulness", length of suit, degree of support, and many other factors. It seems a natural based opening, followed by multiple relays to discover all aspects of a hand, but (writing as a person who has never played relays) I don't understand it.

Perhaps a relay player can get to grips with the notation and explain it.
0

#4 User is offline   radumo 

  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 6
  • Joined: 2012-June-30

Posted 2017-April-19, 01:12

View Postahydra, on 2017-April-18, 10:48, said:

Please post a system summary, the Excel file is too big to open in Google Sheets or in OpenOffice Calc.

Note that top players often deliberately prefer not to invite. You don't need to have great odds to make game worth it at IMPs, and it's easier for opps to double with a surprise if you give away that you're short on points - not to mention that the defence will often slip up and let the game through, even in a world championship. This is just normal; it's not a system flaw.

ahydra

If you want to understand the system you must to download in your computer all the files and read carefully The_Professional_System_v8.xlsx file that has links to other files in the folder.
0

#5 User is offline   ahydra 

  • AQT92 AQ --- QJ6532
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 2,342
  • Joined: 2009-September-09
  • Gender:Male

Posted 2017-April-19, 05:46

It just won't open on my OpenOffice at all. Never mind, I remote-desktop'd to work and opened it there.

The system appears to be 4 card majors with a Romex-style strong 1NT (19+ any). 2-level openers show an opening hand with good 6-card suit, transfer pre-empts from 2NT upwards. Responder's step 1 reply to an opening bid is a relay showing INV+ and asking for shape, following which opener bids the next step to indicate a minimum hand or higher steps to show a maximum with various information about shape. Quite interesting, though can imagine that opener will be playing the contract a lot of the time having revealed his shape in the bidding (:/), and the loss of weak 2 bids might hurt a bit.

For the text to make a bit more sense, substitute "suit" for "colour", "(un)balanced" for "(ir)regular", and understand the division sign as meaning "up to but not including".

ahydra
0

#6 User is offline   radumo 

  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 6
  • Joined: 2012-June-30

Posted 2017-April-20, 01:05

View Postahydra, on 2017-April-19, 05:46, said:

It just won't open on my OpenOffice at all. Never mind, I remote-desktop'd to work and opened it there.

The system appears to be 4 card majors with a Romex-style strong 1NT (19+ any). 2-level openers show an opening hand with good 6-card suit, transfer pre-empts from 2NT upwards. Responder's step 1 reply to an opening bid is a relay showing INV+ and asking for shape, following which opener bids the next step to indicate a minimum hand or higher steps to show a maximum with various information about shape. Quite interesting, though can imagine that opener will be playing the contract a lot of the time having revealed his shape in the bidding (:/), and the loss of weak 2 bids might hurt a bit.

For the text to make a bit more sense, substitute "suit" for "colour", "(un)balanced" for "(ir)regular", and understand the division sign as meaning "up to but not including".

ahydra

You understood the essence of the system very well, but the most interesting part of it is when the respondent does not relay and when the opponents intervene and all the sequences for opponents are similar. You could follow the links to examples files (doc file with Bermuda Bowl results)? The collapse and restore buttons works? In relay sequences, the captain continues with relays only where alternative contracts (slam or other better fit) are possible, otherwise he stops in the game.
0

#7 User is offline   nullve 

  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Posts: 848
  • Joined: 2014-April-08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Norway
  • Interests:partscores

Posted 2017-April-22, 04:23

View Postahydra, on 2017-April-19, 05:46, said:

It just won't open on my OpenOffice at all.

Same here.

View Postahydra, on 2017-April-19, 05:46, said:


The system appears to be 4 card majors

[...]

Responder's step 1 reply to an opening bid is a relay showing INV+ and asking for shape

Does this mean that the 1 opening is always unBAL and possibly canapé?
0

#8 User is offline   radumo 

  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 6
  • Joined: 2012-June-30

Posted 2017-April-25, 08:17

View Postnullve, on 2017-April-22, 04:23, said:

Same here.


Does this mean that the 1 opening is always unBAL and possibly canapé?

All the openings 1 1 1 1 are make in the longest colour of the hand and if two colours have the same length in the strongest(MC).
0

#9 User is offline   nullve 

  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Posts: 848
  • Joined: 2014-April-08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Norway
  • Interests:partscores

Posted 2017-April-25, 08:28

View Postradumo, on 2017-April-25, 08:17, said:

All the openings 1 1 1 1 are make in the longest colour of the hand and if two colours have the same length in the strongest(MC).

How would you bid with e.g.

Opener: 13 hcp, 4333
Responder: 8 hcp, 3433

?
0

#10 User is offline   radumo 

  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 6
  • Joined: 2012-June-30

Posted 2017-April-26, 23:58

View Postnullve, on 2017-April-25, 08:28, said:

How would you bid with e.g.

Opener: 13 hcp, 4333
Responder: 8 hcp, 3433

?


Opener: 13 hcp, 4333
Responder: 8 hcp, 3433

Opener: 1=11 to 19 points, is the MC(main colour)
If responder have Hxx he bid 2=3 to 9 points or 11 to 13 points with Hxx or more
Opener: 2=11 to 17 points with 6 or more losers
Responder: P=3 to 9 points with Hxx or more
If responder have xxx he bid 2=5 to 9 points without fit or good color
Opener: 2NT=11 to 17 points regular
Responder: P
0

Share this topic:


Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users