BBO Discussion Forums: Just finished 3 day survivor tourney anddddddd - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Just finished 3 day survivor tourney anddddddd why did the scoring method see "odd"

#1 User is offline   gszes 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2017-April-17, 06:23

there seemed to be over 1400 entrants in day 3 yet as I looked at my scores I see that they were compared not against the entire field but against a random number of opps. The norm seemed to be around 23 but I saw some 19 and some a bit higher. SOOOOOOOOOOOOO in this day and age of lightning fast computers, Why were not all of the boards totaled up at the end of the day and compared to all other results?? I did not check day one and day 2 results so there may be a similar "problem" there.

If this is the wrong place anyone that knows better feel free to move it or tell me where to put it:)))))))))))))))))))))))

#2 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2017-April-17, 08:33

This is an intentional anti-cheating measure in daylong tourneys. If everyone played the same boards, you could play the tourney, then login with a different account (or tell a friend the hands) and play it again double dummy. So for each board number there's a pool of 100 different deals, and each player gets a random deal from the pool. If you try to replay the tourney, you're unlikely to get any of the same hands.

Your matchpoints are only calculated against the players that played the same deal on each board. Those are the 19-23 comparisons you saw.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users