BBO Discussion Forums: Found easy way to cheat in daylong robot tournaments and 3 day survivors - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Found easy way to cheat in daylong robot tournaments and 3 day survivors

#1 User is offline   LanderBG 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2017-April-17, 01:53

Hello, today i accidentaly found a way to cheat in the daylong survivors tournament.It is a very strong one so i want to share it and if it is possible to be fixed.
I started the third day of the 3 day survivor and i played two deals.It came the third one.The bidding was
1 - 2 - dbl - pass - 3 - all pass
and my robot partner passed with 14 points as a responder.After the lead was made i saw 3NT+2 was cold so affected with my partner i closed the BBO program :). After that i had some work to do at home and started BBO 2 hours after that. I wanted to continue the survivor tournament and i was surprised when i saw that the same deal was restarted and i could bid the deal again...WTF ... ok i knew we have 3NT so after
1 - 2 - dbl - pass - i bid 3NT (i had the Ax in diamonds)...but my robot partner bid 4 over my NT. When the lead was made i saw we are on 4 with 4-3 fit and no chance to make so played until trick 12 to see distribution, than closed BBO again. Waited two hours and logged again. As i expected the deal was restarted to bidding again....
So i was thinking how can i play in NT so...i opened
1 (had only Ax) to stop op overcall in 2.
1 - pass - 1 - pass - 3NT - result : 3NT+2 and top board 90%.

I think this hole should be fixed because if someone have time and desire it is possible to have very high results in every tournament. Just start playing and when you make error play 12 tricks see distribution quit BBO, come back two hours later and start bidding again.Instead taking "Bottom" take a "Top".In a regular 12 board tournament it is possible to make this 5 to 6 times (2 hours wait for each bad break, or underbid contract) or just bid 3NT every time and if it goes wrong, see the hands, logs again and take a top. So the results of 85-90% in the final ranking will come. I always was wondering about so high results from weak players with 100 logins and no profile and cheating was one of the explanation i gave to my self. Now i think i found one of their ways.....

Please BBO fix this.....

#2 User is offline   silvr bull 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2017-April-17, 02:40

This same BBO bug was reported here two weeks ago, so it may be difficult to fix.

As an easier alternative, BBO can develop the software for Decision point and offer better tournaments instead of the Daylong or Survivor.

#3 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2017-April-21, 09:25

This bug should be fixed now. Our initial assumption about the cause was wrong (LanderBG didn't fit the pattern we saw before), but we found the actual cause this week.

#4 User is offline   Vampyr 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2017-April-21, 20:19

View Postsilvr bull, on 2017-April-17, 02:40, said:

This same BBO bug was reported here two weeks ago, so it may be difficult to fix.

As an easier alternative, BBO can develop the software for Decision point and offer better tournaments instead of the Daylong or Survivor.

Easier? Where would BBO find enough people to be able to provide, say, 12 deals a day with two questions each, for a price users would be willing to pay?
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones -- Albert Einstein

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users