Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Partner required -Precision

#1 User is offline   avigo 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2016-April-21, 02:03

I am intermediate level . Love Precision. Am looking for a partner to play regularly with.
Prefer that partners discuss and agree on system and conventions and then follow them.
I think I am OK at bidding but bit weak in card play
Am open minded, never mind if my partner points out my mistakes.
Am a retired person in India. we can decide mutually convenient time.

#2 User is offline   ldrews 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2016-April-21, 17:06

avigo-

I, too, am an intermediate Precision player, retired. Unfortunately I live in Mexico which puts us at opposite times of the day, so setting a time to play would be very difficult. I have modified the Wei Precision Club system slightly to fit my preferences: 1NT is 11-15 hcp, same as 1D, 1H, 1S, 2C. This allows 1D to be natural (4+ cards). Of course one must develop escape bids when the 1NT is doubled! (see Meckwell Escapes). I have also adopted the 1H response to opening 1C as 8-11 hcp, forcing. All other positive responses to 1C are 12+ hcp. This immediately segregates the hands into part score/game/possible slam. The 1H response also elimnates most of the need for the "impossible negative" response with 4441 type hands. Other small changes to support the above.

I wish you good fortune in finding a partner in a compatible time zone.

Regards,

Larry Drews

#3 User is offline   psykoace 

• Pip

Posted 2016-April-23, 21:53

I live on the west coast of the USA. Don't know about the times. I use complete Precision 101 and parts of Precision Today.

#4 User is offline   avigo 

• Pip

Posted 2016-April-24, 04:06

Thanks psychoace. Will check on your times as well as the Precision versions mentioned by you & then respond again

Avinash

psykoace, on 2016-April-23, 21:53, said:

I live on the west coast of the USA. Don't know about the times. I use complete Precision 101 and parts of Precision Today.

#5 User is offline   avigo 

• Pip

Posted 2016-April-24, 04:10

Thanks Larry for your reply. Your modifications are interesting. We are 4hrs 30 mins ahead of GMT. If our time diff is 12 hrs , I think we can still find a common time e.g. your 10 - 11 am will be my 10-11 pm or other way round.

Regards,
Avinash

ldrews, on 2016-April-21, 17:06, said:

avigo-

I, too, am an intermediate Precision player, retired. Unfortunately I live in Mexico which puts us at opposite times of the day, so setting a time to play would be very difficult. I have modified the Wei Precision Club system slightly to fit my preferences: 1NT is 11-15 hcp, same as 1D, 1H, 1S, 2C. This allows 1D to be natural (4+ cards). Of course one must develop escape bids when the 1NT is doubled! (see Meckwell Escapes). I have also adopted the 1H response to opening 1C as 8-11 hcp, forcing. All other positive responses to 1C are 12+ hcp. This immediately segregates the hands into part score/game/possible slam. The 1H response also elimnates most of the need for the "impossible negative" response with 4441 type hands. Other small changes to support the above.

I wish you good fortune in finding a partner in a compatible time zone.

Regards,

Larry Drews

#6 User is offline   kvr_msk 

• PipPip

Posted 2017-April-07, 23:57

Hi all! I realize that this topic is already 1 year old, but if anyone of you still needs a partner then I'm at your service. :)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users