Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Claiming vs GIB

#1 User is offline   mr1303 

• Admirer of Walter the Walrus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Bridge, surfing, water skiing, cricket, golf. Generally being outside really.

Posted 2017-April-08, 01:19

When competing in challenges, I like to claim the rest, and I like the claim feature. However, sometimes I claim when opponents lead. The fact that the only option is to concede all the tricks is frustrating, even more so when I make the offer to concede the rest rather than claim the rest.

Can something be done, either making claiming the rest impossible on opponents lead or allowing me to select the number of tricks as if it were my lead? Or at the very least make conceding an impossible number of tricks (e.g. if I'm the only one with trumps left) impossible?

#2 User is online   smerriman 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2017-April-08, 01:25

They already did something (as of a few weeks back). If you try to claim 0 tricks, the claim button is greyed out (unless you check a confirmation checkbox), so you never accidentally concede all tricks. Perhaps you're still using the old version somehow - try clearing your browser cache or similar.

#3 User is offline   1eyedjack 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2017-April-08, 03:09

This is raised periodically as an issue over the years. I can't be arsed to dig back far enough in the forums but it was explained that this was a non-trivial fix because it is something deep in the guts of GIB that controls it.

Recently, they softened the impact by inserting an "are you really sure" prompt, which is an improvement and probably the best that can be expected.
Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,
2000 years earlier: "morituri te salutant"

"I will be with you, whatever". Blair to Bush, precursor to invasion of Iraq

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users