• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Script Error BBO Crashes browser

#1 User is offline   brucemca 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2017-April-04, 09:37

Hi

A few times recently I have been forced to close my browser when playing bridge because of a long running script in the adverts which appear on the left hand side of the play area. A dialogue box appears which gives the option to stop the script but this has the effect of blanking the screen and the only way to get out of that is to close the browser and login again. I am running the latest versions of windows 10 and internet explorer. Once again BBO is the only place this happens and as we all know adverts pop-up everywhere these days. I play in a tournament on a Sunday and it is always being delayed by lost connections. I think TDs should report every loss of connection and maybe somebody will do something about it.

#2 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2017-April-04, 11:15

If this happens again, send email to support@bridgebase.com and describe the advertisement that was showing when it happened, so we can try to get it removed.

#3 User is offline   m1cha 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2017-April-04, 13:42

Have you tried a different browser? I'm using Opera, and I haven't had a problem for years.
Link to Opera homepage

#4 User is offline   Bosun1950 

• Pip

Posted 2017-May-01, 12:18

View Postbrucemca, on 2017-April-04, 09:37, said:

Hi

A few times recently I have been forced to close my browser when playing bridge because of a long running script in the adverts which appear on the left hand side of the play area. A dialogue box appears which gives the option to stop the script but this has the effect of blanking the screen and the only way to get out of that is to close the browser and login again. I am running the latest versions of windows 10 and internet explorer. Once again BBO is the only place this happens and as we all know adverts pop-up everywhere these days. I play in a tournament on a Sunday and it is always being delayed by lost connections. I think TDs should report every loss of connection and maybe somebody will do something about it.

I have a similar problem that my screen just stops working in the middle of a hand. IE says it has stopped working and the only way to correct it is to shut BBO down and reboot. I don't have a clue as to what is causing the issue - HELP!!

#5 User is offline   barmar 

Posted 2017-May-02, 09:22

It seems unlikely that you really need to reboot. Try using Task Manager to kill the IE process.

Another thing to try is changing browsers. If IE has problems, try Google Chrome.

#6 User is offline   silversc 

• Pip

Posted 2017-May-04, 04:29

Same problem here and it is every time I get the Amazon advert then I get bad script and BBO freezes for a minute.

#7 User is offline   barmar 

Posted 2017-May-04, 09:32

View Postsilversc, on 2017-May-04, 04:29, said:

Same problem here and it is every time I get the Amazon advert then I get bad script and BBO freezes for a minute.

Did you try my suggestion above?

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users