BBO Discussion Forums: Defensive bidding measures vs. Mini-Roman 2D - BBO Discussion Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Defensive bidding measures vs. Mini-Roman 2D

#21 User is online   johnu 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2017-March-29, 16:36

I only use a 3 suited 2 in a strong club (can't open 1 as natural) and canape opening system (Canape - where you can open a shorter suit before a longer suit).

#22 User is offline   msjennifer 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Cricket,Photography,Paediatrics and Community Medicine.

Posted 2017-April-04, 02:13

The Blue Team Club has the 2D opening which ranges from 17 to 24 HCP.In my personal opinion and in experience it was found difficult to find an exact defensive structure against it.However, the Precision 2D is based on short D and limited to 11/15 HCP and it is a call made as there is no provision of any other suitable opening bid in the system and is easier to defend and bid against for the opponents.(Real) experts have devised different methods for defensive bidding against Precision 2D openers as the upper limit is limited to 15HCP.However ,It is better to pass on the first round if your RHO opens a Blue Club 2D as the hand has minimum 17 HCP in it.Normally,it is a good policy to keep quiet on normal hands and intervene with strong distributional hands only.

#23 User is offline   Vampyr 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2017-April-30, 18:57

View Postjohnu, on 2017-March-28, 17:13, said:

Hmmm, a lot of 2 conventions seem to merit that description, e.g. Flannery

LOL I believe that I must plead guilty to having described it as such more than once!

Anyway, there was a post a couple of years ado, almost certainly in a thread started by 32519, which described a structure using a different meaning of a 2 opening for each of the 16 opening positions. It was wonderful.
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones -- Albert Einstein

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users