Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

major issue today for us

#1 User is offline   onoway 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2017-March-13, 13:48

Today a short while before the start of an IAC tourney, the IAC ID got booted and banned for a minute. There was absolutely no cause for this as that ID had done nothing whatever other than help a member get registered and announce for the tourney.

When the ID was finally allowed to return, almost all of the memberships had been cancelled by BBO; everyone whose nick started with a letter later than "D" (and some of those as well) was simply gone, including all but 2 of the IAC admin and teachers. (even Reisig had been booted:)) I have been adding people back but we went from over 3000 members to about 400 in the time the ID was disallowed.

First question is what the repercussions might be for the IAC ID getting banned for a minute (and why/ how in the world that even happened!) and 2) if we get the membership list restored as I have been working on, is there a good chance this will happen again so we should have a list handy outside of BBO so we can restore it? I have sent a message to Barmar but I doubt he has had a chance to read it yet, I don't trust anything to get anywhere so posting it here as well.

We have been having an issue for some time now with members not being recognized by BBO so I have had to delete individual names and reregister them, and that's sorted it out for them. That's only been a minor headache so hadn't whined, but in case there is a connection, thought I'd mention it now.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users