BBO Discussion Forums: Unscrupulous Tournament Directors - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Unscrupulous Tournament Directors Tournament Directors who are Runners in Disguise

#1 User is offline   RedSpawn 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2017-March-13, 10:18

All,

I have recently started playing Team Match tournaments and have noticed a very disturbing trend for a HOST OF tournament directors (TDs). When my team is leading by 10+ IMP points or more, the Tournament Director (and sometimes his partner) magically disappear! In other instances, the TD will remain seated but will purposefully fail to substitute any runners hoping that enough honest players will tire of waiting and withdraw from the tournament.

IF the tournament director leaves the tournament and hosting rights revert to me, I can remedy this situation by finding substitutes from My Friends list for ALL of the runners to try to finish the game that I am winning. However, what concerns me is if I fail to do so, the server will ultimately cancel the game due to (1) a time out (stall) or (2) too many player withdrawals.

Here's what REALLY concerns me about the game cancellation . . . .wait for it. . . wait for it. . .

If the tournament game does not finish and the server cancels the game, ALL of the people who withdrew from the game do NOT get penalized in their Tournament Completion Rate (TCR)!

Since the game never finished, the server destroys ALL of the attendance/withdrawal and hand records associated with said game. As a result, these records can not be viewed in My Hands, even if the game was 90% complete!

Therefore, there is an inherent incentive for a Tournament Director to play "Back to the Future" and complete games he is winning and disappear for games he is losing. He will get his win and higher TCR rate for the games he wins and completes; conversely, he will NOT be penalized for leaving games he is losing IF the server ultimately cancels those tournament games! :angry:

I have noticed this pattern a lot in the Team Matches tournaments and it appears the foxes are raiding the hen house. We need an Information Technology solution to address this.

Only when a game is completed and the server removes all of the players from the table to the lobby do the withdrawal records for THAT tournament get imported to BBO MyHands for calculation of the affected players' TCR.

Any thoughts?

#2 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2017-March-13, 10:33

Newcomers to BBO cannot create team matches. If you notice abusive hosts you can report them to abuse@bridgebase.com who will block their username so that they return to newbie status, and then can't start matches at all.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users