• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Annoying switch 3NT MPs

#1 User is offline   manudude03 

• - - A AKQJT9876543
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2017-March-04, 17:11

Simultaneous pairs (MPs). You get the K lead which you allow to win (agree?), RHO contributing the 4 playing standard attitude. LHO now switches to the 4. Plan the play.

Assuming you run hearts now:
Spoiler

Wayne Somerville

#2 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2017-March-04, 21:18

W has

KQTxxx
xxx
???/??/?
???/??/?

I think you came down to

AJ
Void
KT
AQ

in last 6 cards. Now I would play a club to the Q. If it works I make, if it does not I still make if K was stiff. If not I still make if W has A.
So i go down when W has 6322 without the A and with the K.
I expect W to be 6331 from the discards of E. But I might be wrong.
This is what I see at first glance, but I am sure there is a better line, will check again after work.
"Genius has its own limitations, however stupidity has no such boundaries!"
"It's only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence!"

"Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say."

#3 User is offline   gszes 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2017-March-05, 20:09

defense is hard but I must admit I do not agree with ducking the first trick. We cant afford to lose 2c 2s and 1d so we need a LOP that gives us our best shot w/o too much guess work.
Since I would much rather finesse rho for the club J vs the club K (if needed) I think the best lop is to win trick 1 and laydown the club Q. In less lho has the stiff club K or KJ they might just think it is a good idea to duck that trick so their p can win and put a spade through. This idea not only allows us to still finesse rho for the club J (if the defense continues with great accuracy) but gives the defense a top notch easy way to err early in the hand.

If we opt for ducking the first trick and get heart return I would finish with a club to the A and the club Q since I feel lho is much more likely to hold the club K than rho. Though I might be convinced to try a dia to the T if lho has tossed a dia honor:)

#4 User is offline   manudude03 

• - - A AKQJT9876543
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2017-March-06, 20:34

The OP had the hands rotated. I was the spade overcaller. My opponent decided to run all the hearts coming down to 2-2-2, cashed the ace of clubs dropping my king, cashed the queen (where I made the mistake of throwing another spade) and then he threw me in with spades for an overtrick. Making 9 tricks would get you about 50%, while making 10 would be worth about 75% (and 11 tricks would be 90%).

Full hand below:

Wayne Somerville

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users