Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Manage chat messages better Now frustrating & needs improvement

#1 User is offline   silvr bull 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2017-March-04, 03:28

Many times I have spent a long time (seems like minutes) to draft and proofread a great message to send through chat. As soon as I click send, however, BBO tells me that I cannot chat because the other player is in a tournament (that may have just started), or he is my partner (and the next round just started). OK, I understand that I cannot chat then, but I would be happy to save a copy to send later. Unfortunately, BBO goes too far by deleting my message so it no longer exists, and I must start that message over. If my chat window is pointed at partner and I try to send a message while we are playing, BBO refuses to send the message, but does not delete it, so I can change the pointer to the table and send it OK. What can't BBO do the same thing with other chat messages that BBO will not deliver? Provide the non delivery notice but do NOT delete the message.

A related issue that happens to me frustratingly often is when I am chatting with partner after a tournament. I type away (using a hunt an peck typing system so I must stare at the keyboard), and then press enter to send. Only then do I see that BBO popped up a screen with tournament results, and gave that screen priority, so all the typing I did after the popup (that I did not see) is wasted time because those keystrokes were ignored by the priority popup. Can BBO give users the ability to tell BBO to not give priority to tournament results messages? Then I could look at them later if I want to do so. I would be happy to eliminate the results messages, since I can easily see those results in My Hands. BBO can make the site more user friendly by giving users some control over how BBO displays messages. Thanks!

#2 User is offline   StevenG 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2017-March-04, 06:28

I discovered yesterday that if you look at someone's profile it changes your default chat destination to that person. So if you then type a message to table while the profile is still up (and the time it stays up once you move your mouse away is ridiculously long) your private-ish chat goes somewhere completely irrelevant. It's easy enough to click on the chat box within the profile if you want to talk to that person - why change the destination for all those of use who don't want to chat?

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users