BBO Discussion Forums: Problem with uploading lin file for teaching table - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Problem with uploading lin file for teaching table

#1 User is offline   LionHeart1 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2017-March-03, 03:48

Hi,
I want to use my own deals for teaching and they are in a lin file. There is no problem with uploading them into BBO, but as if I want to use them at a teaching table, the first deal cannot be loaded in. Clicking on the redeal button I get an error message: "uploaded deal rejected" and for a subsequent click the deal 2 will be loaded in. Why and how can I bypass this problem?
Regards
LionHeart1

#2 User is online   paulg 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2017-March-03, 04:42

Not a problem I've seen so I suggest you send the lin file to support@bridgebase.com.
The Beer Card

I don't work for BBO and any advice is based on my BBO experience over the decades

#3 User is offline   LionHeart1 

• PipPipPip

Posted 2017-March-03, 04:51

View Postpaulg, on 2017-March-03, 04:42, said:

Not a problem I've seen so I suggest you send the lin file to support@bridgebase.com.

Yes, it is. I tried it with several different lin-packages. If there was only 1 deal in it, no deal was shown, if more than 1, than the deal from No 2 to the end of the package. For the deal No 1 I always get the error message mentioned in my previous post.

#4 User is offline   LionHeart1 

• PipPipPip

Posted 2017-March-03, 05:56

View Postpaulg, on 2017-March-03, 04:42, said:

I sent 3 lin files to support@bridgebase.com that I had failed to upload. And I tried to upload a lin file downloaded from a BBO tourney. There was no problem to upload it, thus it seems the problem is in my lin file.

#5 User is online   paulg 

Posted 2017-March-03, 06:34

Sorry, I did not mean to imply that you did not have a problem. It's just that I often upload hands and this is not a problem that I have encountered. But I expect the support team can quickly resolve it.
The Beer Card

I don't work for BBO and any advice is based on my BBO experience over the decades

#6 User is offline   gszes 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2017-March-03, 11:41

create a dummy first hand that you do not care about and when that is rejected your regular first hand should show up (practical work around)

#7 User is online   paulg 

Posted 2017-March-04, 03:30

I've fixed the problem, which was a malformed lin file even though it was accepted by the downloader.
The Beer Card

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users