BBO Discussion Forums: Underlining - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Underlining possibility in vary posts

#1 User is offline   Lovera 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:I'm also on YOUTUBE with a channel of music songs .

Posted 2017-February-26, 08:48

Is it possible to foresee the use of underlining - for example by linking this to one of the windows already prepared to "Edit" or "Replay" or "Multiquote" or "Reputation" - as is used to do in the study texts or books in order to focus immediately a point of view or a speech by following its own thought common thread? I think it could be much use considering that many topics are divided into other different topics in BBO and help avoid leakage as well as to accelerate learning. Do you think about ?

#2 User is offline   Gerardo 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2017-February-26, 14:12

It is.

Use the Full Editor option when replying, there are options for Bold, Italics, Underlining, Strikethrough, Subscript, Superscript

#3 User is offline   Lovera 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2017-February-26, 14:41

View PostGerardo, on 2017-February-26, 14:12, said:

It is.

Use the Full Editor option when replying, there are options for Bold, Italics, Underlining, Strikethrough, Subscript, Superscript

What i means is that I want only underlining a script (that interest me) or also a long period in one or more posts leaving those written (invisible for other users but not for me: i.e. underlining in a page of a book two or three lines with a pen).

#4 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2017-February-26, 21:14

I guess you mean "highlighting". I don't know any way of doing that in the forum.

You can make a browser bookmark/favorite that links to a particular post. Click on the "#3" at the top right of a post, then bookmark the URL it goes to.

#5 User is offline   Lovera 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2017-February-27, 01:23

View Postbarmar, on 2017-February-26, 21:14, said:

I guess you mean "highlighting". I don't know any way of doing that in the forum.

You can make a browser bookmark/favorite that links to a particular post. Click on the "#3" at the top right of a post, then bookmark the URL it goes to.

Underlining is "sottolineatura" in italian language and is to take it " _______" under a word or a line(=period) leaving what is already written and than remaining memorized. Probably is highlighting because the same is obtained when you utilize a colored highlighting to evidenziate in the same way that happens when making copy and past and word/period is blue colored(=high.. colored).

#6 User is offline   barmar 

Posted 2017-February-27, 10:09

I found a number of Chrome and Firefox extensions that can be used to add highlighting to web pages. Google "chrome highlight text" and "firefox highlight text" to see them.

The problem with some of them is that they don't work well with our forum URLs, because you get different parameters in the URL depending on which link you use to open the thread: going to first post, first new post, last post, going from a search page, etc. So you may have to try a few different ones until you find one that works well here.

#7 User is offline   Lovera 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2017-February-27, 15:39

View Postbarmar, on 2017-February-27, 10:09, said:

I found a number of Chrome and Firefox extensions that can be used to add highlighting to web pages. Google "chrome highlight text" and "firefox highlight text" to see them.

The problem with some of them is that they don't work well with our forum URLs, because you get different parameters in the URL depending on which link you use to open the thread: going to first post, first new post, last post, going from a search page, etc. So you may have to try a few different ones until you find one that works well here.

Effectly inserting in search box "extension Google chrome (or firefox) highlight text" is possibile to have many choisings (i.e. Super simple highlight, Yellow highlight, ..) for finding icon to add directly (as app). I although thought for a simple way as underlining eventually already available to use(=put) on script. Anyhow thanks for this information.

#8 User is offline   barmar 

Posted 2017-February-28, 10:55

View PostLovera, on 2017-February-27, 15:39, said:

Effectly inserting in search box "extension Google chrome (or firefox) highlight text" is possibile to have many choisings (i.e. Super simple highlight, Yellow highlight, ..) for finding icon to add directly (as app). I although thought for a simple way as underlining eventually already available to use(=put) on script. Anyhow thanks for this information.

I've never seen any online forum system that has this feature.

#9 User is offline   Lovera 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2017-March-01, 01:47

View Postbarmar, on 2017-February-28, 10:55, said:

I've never seen any online forum system that has this feature.

To highlight and to underscore are different things. The first may have some problem the second is more simple and quick to perform. I think it's possible to get this thing in this way: we have already underlined with U type where words and underlining appear simultaneously. If you create the type "_" (U strikeout or without any letter) that allows you to run under the letters of a word or term (in Reply - we are writing when underlining upper "quote") then saving the change and only for this purpose reference stored in the same post without opening another one you could have that I asked for.

#10 User is offline   barmar 

Posted 2017-March-01, 09:29

View PostLovera, on 2017-March-01, 01:47, said:

To highlight and to underscore are different things. The first may have some problem the second is more simple and quick to perform. I think it's possible to get this thing in this way: we have already underlined with U type where words and underlining appear simultaneously. If you create the type "_" (U strikeout or without any letter) that allows you to run under the letters of a word or term (in Reply - we are writing when underlining upper "quote") then saving the change and only for this purpose reference stored in the same post without opening another one you could have that I asked for.

You've completely lost me. You want a personal copy of a post where the words or lines you choose are emphasized, right? Why does it make a difference whether this is done with underline or color? The problem is that the forum software doesn't have any way to make personal modifications to posts.

Anyway, this is totally unproductive. As I've explained on several occasions, we're not making changes to the forum software.

#11 User is offline   Lovera 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2017-March-01, 10:36

View Postbarmar, on 2017-March-01, 09:29, said:

You've completely lost me. You want a personal copy of a post where the words or lines you choose are emphasized, right? Why does it make a difference whether this is done with underline or color? The problem is that the forum software doesn't have any way to make personal modifications to posts.

Anyway, this is totally unproductive. As I've explained on several occasions, we're not making changes to the forum software.

No, i thought that as i've explained what i suggested seemed to me more simply to do/use being that i read about any problem for highlight.

#12 User is offline   barmar 

Posted 2017-March-01, 19:18

View PostLovera, on 2017-March-01, 10:36, said:

No, i thought that as i've explained what i suggested seemed to me more simply to do/use being that i read about any problem for highlight.

Sorry, I can't parse that.

Can someone who is fluent in Lovera-to-English help me out?

#13 User is offline   Lovera 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2017-March-02, 01:36

Hi barmar, i try to better explain that am asking for two things. The first is this: actually is lacking the new type "__" underlining complementary of U underlined when you need to write. Is almost clear that this new type is much more quick to use expecially for long text that need to be underlined simply because it allows you to run __ under the whole text without necessity to re-write any word. Is it possible to have this little variation to add (i.e. aside U underlined) ?

#14 User is offline   Lovera 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2017-March-02, 04:22

I have found it : http://www.bridgebas...post__p__879133
This is possible using : square parenthesis [] and inserting within the letter u initially, whilest at the end of period to underlining used it: [/u].

#15 User is offline   barmar 

Posted 2017-March-02, 08:19

View PostLovera, on 2017-March-02, 04:22, said:

I have found it : http://www.bridgebas...post__p__879133
This is possible using : square parenthesis [] and inserting within the letter u initially, whilest at the end of period to underlining used it: [/u].

Isn't that what Gerardo told you about in post #2 above? I thought you were looking for something different.

You can also do it by marking the words and clicking on U in the editor toolbar:
Posted Image

#16 User is offline   Lovera 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2017-March-02, 08:45

View Postbarmar, on 2017-March-02, 08:19, said:

Isn't that what Gerardo told you about in post #2 above? I thought you were looking for something different.

You can also do it by marking the words and clicking on U in the editor toolbar:
Posted Image

No, but i looked for on post#2 by Gerardo and seeing the "informatic process(=parenthesis and letter)" i have undestrood how to do (i'm not expert for these things) proving as told. You can see the other options clicking on Reply and when opened can find the other letters to use (i.e. b for Bold and so on). This method is the same used for cards suit.

#17 User is offline   Lovera 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2017-March-02, 08:58

And now that a part has haven an answer i ask if is possible to apply underlining in a post without open another post (as when you reply), remaining invisibile for other users but visible only for you. As we are acting in a part of the post and before of its end(=upper "[/quote]" and below "[quote name ..timestamp]") this one could be makeble.

#18 User is offline   barmar 

Posted 2017-March-02, 09:04

View PostLovera, on 2017-March-02, 08:58, said:

And now that a part has have an answer i ask if is possible to apply underlining in a post without open another post (as when you reply), remaining invisibile for other users but visible only for you. As we are acting in a part of the post and before of its end(=upper "
" and below "

") this one could be makeble.

No, there's no way to make a personal modification of a post. There's just one copy of it, and it either has underlining or it doesn't.

That's why I suggested the highlighting extensions. They allow you to make personal annotations of a web page.

#19 User is offline   Lovera 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2017-March-03, 03:06

View Postbarmar, on 2017-March-02, 09:04, said:

" and below "
No, there's no way to make a personal modification of a post. There's just one copy of it, and it either has underlining or it doesn't.

That's why I suggested the highlighting extensions. They allow you to make personal annotations of a web page.

It'd seem possible, almost initially, using instead of Submit Reply the other way "Preview post" because you have the "Post preview" viewble on top screen (with yours underlining). And then ? How export ? There is add click option at the bottom page or copy and past or condivide highest.

#20 User is offline   barmar 

Posted 2017-March-03, 10:03

View PostLovera, on 2017-March-03, 03:06, said:

It'd seem possible, almost initially, using instead of Submit Reply the other way "Preview post" because you have the "Post preview" viewble on top screen (with yours underlining). And then ? How export ? There is add click option at the bottom page or copy and past or condivide highest.

Yes, this seems to be possible.

Start a reply, edit the message to add your underlining, and click on Preview Post.

Then use File -> Save Page As, and make sure you select "Format: Webpage, Complete" in the save dialog. This will create a .htm file and also a folder with all the images and other supporting files.

There's one glitch, there's a big black box covering the top part of the page, where the preview is. Open the .htm file in a text editor, and find this line:

#overlay{ position: fixed; top: 0; left: 0; z-index: 15000 !important; width: 100%; height: 500px; background-color: #000; }

Change 100%; to 0 and save the file.

If you move the saved file to another folder, make sure you move the folder along with it.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users