Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

A forget AI and UI

#1 User is offline   lamford 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2017-February-26, 08:08

The hands do not matter. A player removes the 1NT card just clear of the bidding box, but then realises that he has agreed to play a strong NT, not his usual weak NT, and he has a 14 count and he asks if he can change his bid. The TD is called and rules the bid is made, and that the request to change it is UI to his partner. His partner announces it as 15-17 and invites with a 9 count, a normal action opposite a strong NT. The player has AI (he knows that he has opened a strong NT on a 14-count), and UI from the announcement, as he knows his partner is inviting opposite a strong NT. He passes and game would have gone down. Do you adjust?
I prefer to give the lawmakers credit for stating things for a reason - barmar

#2 User is offline   sanst 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2017-February-26, 09:17

No. Think screens. You've bid 1NT and you know you made a mistake. The tray comes back with a invite, but your hand is weaker than agreed, so there's no reasom to raise to game.
Joost

#3 User is offline   gordontd 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2017-February-26, 09:29

There's no unexpected information in the announcement: he knew before it that their agreement is that 1NT is 15-17.
Gordon Rainsford
London UK

#4 User is offline   blackshoe 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2017-February-26, 10:19

No infraction, no adjustment.
--------------------
As for tv, screw it. You aren't missing anything. -- Ken Berg
I have come to realise it is futile to expect or hope a regular club game will be run in accordance with the laws. -- Jillybean

#5 User is offline   Trinidad 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2017-February-28, 03:30

View Postgordontd, on 2017-February-26, 09:29, said:

There's no unexpected information in the announcement: he knew before it that their agreement is that 1NT is 15-17.

Not only did he know this before the announcement, but he has convincing evidence that he knew this before the announcement, which is of practical importance.

Rik
I want my opponents to leave my table with a smile on their face and without matchpoints on their score card - in that order.
The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds the new discoveries, is not “Eureka!” (I found it!), but “That’s funny…” – Isaac Asimov
The only reason God did not put "Thou shalt mind thine own business" in the Ten Commandments was that He thought that it was too obvious to need stating. - Kenberg

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users