• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

This cost me thousands of euros

#41 User is offline   gszes 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2017-March-14, 06:24

View Postcherdano, on 2017-March-11, 16:01, said:

Did you actually notice that they would lead a diamond against 6 played by North?

???????? do I understand this inquiry to mean that because N had this precise distribution vs say 222 123 114 024 033 plus a 7th undeserved club that you disagree with the idea that playing in clubs (vs nt) as an overall concept is wrong? please tell me this last question was not based on the hindsight of this particular dummy hitting the table PLEASE:)

#42 User is offline   Fluffy 

• World International Master without a clue
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2017-March-17, 03:55

I think I finally understood what all your nonsense was about. 2 is today's expert standard: Game forcing. Dummy is not an overpowered dummy with a 7th club, it is a subminimal dummy missing the expected K. Playing 6 with the announced K missing and a side ace is digging your own tomb.

#43 User is offline   gszes 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2017-March-17, 07:05

View PostFluffy, on 2017-March-17, 03:55, said:

I think I finally understood what all your nonsense was about. 2 is today's expert standard: Game forcing. Dummy is not an overpowered dummy with a 7th club, it is a subminimal dummy missing the expected K. Playing 6 with the announced K missing and a side ace is digging your own tomb.

Until now no one (even you) has commented on the subminimal dummy due to the lack of the spade K (come on partner quit hiding the spade K and put in on the table - when the dummy hit). N bidding looked totally normal to me (would turning the heart K into the heart A have made a difference? or did the lack of a key card reinforce the idea of the existence of the spade K?). You made an assumption on the presence of the spade K that I would not have made and explored in a different way because of that assumption (my theoretical partnership would have stopped in 5c but that is not important). That is what makes the bridge world go around and helps partnerships flourish (when they agree with each other's thinking). Given your assumption of the spade K I think 6n is a reasonable final spot (especially if you are counting on only 6 clubs) but please also note that with the assumption of the spade K there are many more instances where 6c makes easily and becomes a way better than 50% contract (90%+ with this particular distribution) even with the "tomb digging" lead of a dia through the AQ since we would just hop the A and ignore the, apparently doomed, finesse completely. Though this is only 1 distribution of many.

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users