Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

New Web Version

#1 User is offline   gorata1 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2017-February-19, 05:04

The old BBO version was finished , I had to sign in at new version and was asked there for my password . But after more than 16 years of playing in BBO i could not remember it. Also with help of BBO it was impossible to find my password and I had to sign in with a new username and password - but that means : no chance to play in most of the tournaments because of TCR ( as a new member you dont have the needed TCR ) . The signing in process is much longer than it was . If the new version is an improvement before - I didnt see it until now !!!!

#2 User is offline   1eyedjack 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2017-February-19, 05:13

I sympathise but surely BBO can hardly be blamed for your predicament? Still, it should not take too long to build up a TCR?

If I may, I should like to offer you congratulations on managing to get through 16 years without having to reinstall the download client.
Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,
2000 years earlier: "morituri te salutant"

"I will be with you, whatever". Blair to Bush, precursor to invasion of Iraq

#3 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2017-February-19, 06:09

View Postgorata1, on 2017-February-19, 05:04, said:

The old BBO version was finished , I had to sign in at new version and was asked there for my password . But after more than 16 years of playing in BBO i could not remember it. Also with help of BBO it was impossible to find my password and I had to sign in with a new username and password - but that means : no chance to play in most of the tournaments because of TCR ( as a new member you dont have the needed TCR ) . The signing in process is much longer than it was . If the new version is an improvement before - I didnt see it until now !!!!

Do you still have your older username and password automatically remembered on the older version of BBO?

If so, log on the older version and change your password there. Our staff has granted access to the username you mentioned so that you can log on the older software and retrieve your account.

#4 User is offline   johnu 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2017-February-19, 07:04

View Post1eyedjack, on 2017-February-19, 05:13, said:

If I may, I should like to offer you congratulations on managing to get through 16 years without having to reinstall the download client.

I'm surprised that BBO hasn't made you a goodwill ambassador for the promotion of the new web client :rolleyes: In any case, the last major windows client update was 8 years ago, and that probably wasn't a required update. If your login automatically used a saved password, it doesn't surprise me that somebody wouldn't remember a password after 8+ years without seeing it or having to type it in.

#5 User is offline   1eyedjack 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2017-February-19, 07:23

View Postjohnu, on 2017-February-19, 07:04, said:

I'm surprised that BBO hasn't made you a goodwill ambassador for the promotion of the new web client :rolleyes:

Well with you being a die hard apologist for the windows download client I suppose that I should have seen that coming. Although this seems to be an odd thread to make the point, being broadly neutral on that score and simply a reminder to keep a record of passwords.

As one of the more vociferous critics of the web client when it first came out, I guess that it restores a sense of balance if I now point out the flaws in the repeated arguments of the current critics when I see them, and which with a few exceptions repeat the misconceptions that I held originally.

But returning to the subject, I would not expect BBO software updates to be the principal trigger for reinstalling the software. More common would be a change of computer, or a periodic bare metal reinstallation of Windows which, after a few years, grinds to a halt unless you really understand it. In my experience 3 years is typically the longest you tend to go without one or the other. A bit more I can understand. 16 years is a real feat.
Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,
2000 years earlier: "morituri te salutant"

"I will be with you, whatever". Blair to Bush, precursor to invasion of Iraq

#6 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2017-February-19, 14:04

View Postjohnu, on 2017-February-19, 07:04, said:

I'm surprised that BBO hasn't made you a goodwill ambassador for the promotion of the new web client :rolleyes: In any case, the last major windows client update was 8 years ago, and that probably wasn't a required update. If your login automatically used a saved password, it doesn't surprise me that somebody wouldn't remember a password after 8+ years without seeing it or having to type it in.

Even if we did have updates more recently, they didn't cause it to forget the saved password.

The web version has a password reset option, but it depends on you having given us your email address, which used to be optional during registration. If you've ever purchased BB$, we use the address you used there.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users