Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Learn to 'Think Like an Expert' affordable group lessons

#1 User is offline   W_O_B 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2017-February-15, 08:50

Mike Dorn Wiss is a top Canadian expert, acclaimed writer, and one of the finest teachers in bridge. Mike teaches all facets of the game, both privately and online. He wants his students to learn how to ‘think’ like bridge players.

Mike mentored Fred Gitelman back when Fred was getting started. Fred, who as you all know is the creator and CEO of BBO says: "When I started playing bridge as a teenager Mike Dorn Wiss was my original mentor and later my first serious partner. Mike is an excellent and highly-experienced bridge teacher. He also happens to be a lot of fun. I am happy to recommend him to anyone looking to improve their knowledge, skills, and enjoyment of the game."

Mike has written numerous articles for the ACBL Bulletin and the Ontario Kibitzer, and has authored two books: “Shadow In The Bridge World”, and most recently “How NOT to Play Bridge”.

Wisskers On Bridge

Days and Times:

Tuesdays 7:30 PM Eastern
Thursdays 9PM Eastern
Fridays 8PM Eastern

Duration
: Two hours each night

Topics:
Anything and everything. Sometimes I will introduce preprogrammed hands to illustrate something specific, but basically I want to give all students access to my “bridge mind” to help them understand anything that may interest them in order to improve their games, whether their questions are basic or advanced (and beyond).

My goal is to try to direct students’ thinking in manners that help them to solve any bridge problem they may incur and thereby to make them better players. The more to which one is exposed the more one can grasp the game in an overall sense. It does not make sense to me to expose a novice player (for instance) only to novice subjects. Even if such a player has difficulty understanding more advanced subjects I believe it is helpful for them to be aware of them and to begin a familiarity with them; eventually they will come to an understanding and their “bridge thinking” will climb to higher plateaus.

Advantages:

1) You may attend as many or as few sessions as you like on whatever dates are best suited to your personal needs. You may purchase sessions in blocks of five. Each session will be approximately two hours duration, so each “lesson block” will allow ten hours at the table.

2) You will be able to address any subject matter of your interest and not be locked into a full lesson of only one subject.

3) Relatively speaking (versus other lessons available by professional teachers of the game) my sessions will cost but a small fraction (a mere $2.50/hour!).

Blocks of sessions will sell for $25 US, prepaid into either of my PayPal accounts, accessed through my personal email of mikedornwiss@gmail.com. OR wisskersonbridge@gmail.com . You may purchase as few or as many blocks as you like.

4) You may attend a single trial session of two hours for $5 US using PayPal through the above email accounts.

Thanks for your interest in “WOB”! For further information please email questions to wisskersonbridge@gmail.com

I’ll look forward to seeing you at the table. :rolleyes:

Best,

Mike Dorn Wiss

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users