Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

display of profiles

#1 User is offline   jyotirmoy 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2017-February-10, 06:45

There is an option (Options --> More options --> Advanced Options) "Show profile upon mouse over". Once this is clicked the profile of a member is displayed and remains DISPLAYED until you click the "CROSS BUTTON AT THE RIGHT TOP CORNER" of the profile window for closing it. So each time a profile opens you have to close that by CLICKING the close button.

I suggest there should also be an option "Close or Hide profile on mouse out".

This would serve a dual purpose -- (1) if it is not checked then the profile display and closure will work the way it is working now and (2) if it is checked then the profile will AUTOMATICALLY close whenever the mouse is taken out from a member's name.

This would be very USER FRIENDLY while playing or otherwise.

Please consider this.

user name -- jyotirmoy (INDIA)

#2 User is offline   BabsG 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2017-February-10, 08:51

View Postjyotirmoy, on 2017-February-10, 06:45, said:

There is an option (Options --> More options --> Advanced Options) "Show profile upon mouse over". Once this is clicked the profile of a member is displayed and remains DISPLAYED until you click the "CROSS BUTTON AT THE RIGHT TOP CORNER" of the profile window for closing it. So each time a profile opens you have to close that by CLICKING the close button.

I suggest there should also be an option "Close or Hide profile on mouse out".

This would serve a dual purpose -- (1) if it is not checked then the profile display and closure will work the way it is working now and (2) if it is checked then the profile will AUTOMATICALLY close whenever the mouse is taken out from a member's name.

This would be very USER FRIENDLY while playing or otherwise.

Please consider this.

user name -- jyotirmoy (INDIA)

I use the "mouse over" feature. After the profile comes up, if I hold the mouse on the name, the profile stays shown. But if I move the cursor to the green table top, the profile only stays up for 6 seconds before disappearing automatically.

Maybe give that a try?

#3 User is offline   ArcLight 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Rowing. Wargaming. Military history.

Posted 2017-March-05, 08:20

View PostBabsG, on 2017-February-10, 08:51, said:

I use the "mouse over" feature. After the profile comes up, if I hold the mouse on the name, the profile stays shown. But if I move the cursor to the green table top, the profile only stays up for 6 seconds before disappearing automatically.

Maybe give that a try?

6 seconds is rather annoying, I want the screen close when I move the mouse off.
In practice I find that I have to manually close the window rather than having the profile obscure the screen.

And if people want to play at your table and you are looking at their profiles its slower and more annoying to have to manually close each profile.

End of the world, no. But still annoying.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users