Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Team Matches: Runners Players leaving matches

#1 User is offline   veryfy 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2017-February-08, 20:07

I just started playing team matches ten days ago and then tried hosting them. In both cases, I noticed that there is a large population of people who sign up to play and then abandon the game for whatever reason. It happens enough that I am willing to ascribe bad motive to many of them. They signed up to play, but not to lose. So they ran.

I have taken to not accepting players in games that I host who do not have at least an 85% completion rate. And, I post this message at the start of play:

Hello! Please note that this is a short match. Leaving a match in the middle except for a real emergency is incredibly rude and disruptive.
All of you have been selected because you have over an 85% tournament completion rate. Please have fun. Enjoy!

I still get a few runners, but not as many, and the game is far more enjoyable for those of us who love bridge. I hope that all people who volunteer to host team matches follow similar guidelines soon --- and let the runners work their way back to playing by hosting team matches, and not leaving them.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users