• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

new obligatory format for BBO suggestion for saving aspect of old format

#41 User is offline   1eyedjack 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2017-March-28, 11:13

Another benefit of concealing defenders from dummy (and for that matter displaying declarer to dummy, for there is a case for concealing that hand as well) is that it enables dummy to swap places with declarer should the latter lose connection, and allow the hand to proceed to completion without fouling the hand.
Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,
2000 years earlier: "morituri te salutant"

"I will be with you, whatever". Blair to Bush, precursor to invasion of Iraq

#42 User is offline   lgkc1 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2017-April-08, 08:38

View Postjohnu, on 2017-March-27, 13:29, said:

I'm going to have take out my red Double card on your guess.

Maybe there is a small percentage of players who prefer not to see the opponents hands, but my guess is that 99+% do. It is inconceivable to me that the percentage would be less than 50% which would qualify as an unpopular change.

I agree the original decision(s) on the web version was done after some deliberation, but IMO, many if not most of those decisions had nothing to do with whether they would be popular decisions. Rather, they were the result of programming restraints and resources, and assigning priorities to implementing features.

I agree with Johnu. Let the table host have an option to expose declarer/defenders so I don't have to sit there uninvolved. That was one of the best things about BBO.

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users