• You cannot reply to this topic

SB comes up North EBU

#21 User is offline   Zelandakh 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2017-January-25, 10:05

View PostWellSpyder, on 2017-January-25, 09:09, said:

Yes.

So you are saying that if I play 10-12 in a tournament where you are TD and get dealt Qxx QJx QJx Qxxx, I better open 1NT or you will throw the book at me? Would you care to back up that position with some regulations because the concept of taking hand evaluation away from the players is new to me?
(-: Zel :-)

#22 User is offline   mycroft 

• Secretary Bird
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2017-January-25, 10:27

You have some disclosure issues, as was said. Same disclosure issues I have with my ostensibly "12-14" NT that will open some exceptional 11s, or my "good 11-14" NT that will open better-than-average 11s, or my colleagues' "11-14" NT that won't open 10-counts, even if they Walrus to 11.

If you *choose* to downgrade a hand, that's fine. If you agree to downgrade certain hands, even if such agreement is "well, I've seen him...and I probably would too", then the opponents are entitled to that information. It will rarely matter, but they are entitled to it; and I am sure you would in fact do so.

Now, initial instance is about something totally different. This is the kind of thing that I wish we had the "parts of system opponents should be aware of" section on our card, so we could mention it (similarly, our K/S habit of passing 12, sometimes 13 hands with no rebid, or the inferences from an EHAA pass). Them as do, should.
When I go to sea, don't fear for me, Fear For The Storm -- Birdie and the Swansong (tSCoSI)

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users