Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2017 Using Web Version No more BBO on Windows Version

#1 User is offline   captyogi 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2017-January-18, 05:45

Changed over to BBO Web Version out of compulsion.
So Sad.

Old BBO Windows Version very easy to play and more enjoying.
Here 3 times I made mistake of conceding all remaining cards, when actually I wanted to Claim all remaining tricks.

Thx n Brgds

captyogi

#2 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2017-January-19, 18:05

View Postcaptyogi, on 2017-January-18, 05:45, said:

Changed over to BBO Web Version out of compulsion.
So Sad.

Old BBO Windows Version very easy to play and more enjoying.
Here 3 times I made mistake of conceding all remaining cards, when actually I wanted to Claim all remaining tricks.

Thx n Brgds

captyogi

You will get used to it.
I hated it too at the beginning, and each time BBO announced that they are not going to upgrade the old windows version, I was one of those who criticized them harshly with my comments.
I lived the same frustration when I moved from OKB to BBO also. People don't like changing the things they are used to.
Now, even if they let me in OKB for free and even if they said "use old BBO version and we will not charge you on tourneys" I'd still go with Web version.
"Genius has its own limitations, however stupidity has no such boundaries!"
"It's only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence!"

"Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say."

#3 User is offline   lycier 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2017-January-19, 21:53

What you said is just a matter of habit, you would need some time to get used to it.I am sure you will like Web version BBO.

Now let's hear how BBO Customer Service replied my similar problem

Dear Lycier
This first stage of the coming migration will basically affect all the free games in the old program for Windows but, eventually, the programed will be phased out completely. We are now focussing all our resources on developing a site that is compatible with new technologies ( mobile phones, IPads and tablets as well with computers with different operating systems - not just Windows -). The web version will be somewhat different. Not very different. After all, in the end,it is all about playing bridge and that part is much the same. You will only need some time to get used to it. And there are new games there that you might enjoy as we are offering many more alternatives to play (instant tournaments, solitary bridge, bingo-bridge, challenges between two players, free 6-handed Express tournaments. You will be to set uptables with IMP, MP and Total Points scoring. If players are adamant about continuing to play on the older Windows version of BBO, there is a way u to continue, for a time, on the version with which they are more familiar. They can purchase some BB$ clicking on BUY BB$ and purchase $ 10 or more BB$ and use them in some of the premium games, which will allow them to continue playing on the older version of BBO. Although this step does allow them to stay on the Windoes program for a while longer, we can't promise that this will be "forever", and it probably won't be longer than a few months. But doing this will allow them to continue on the more 'comfortable' version, whil get get familiar and acquainted with our new version which offers many more features.

Regards
BBO CRS :Corinne

#4 User is offline   lycier 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2017-January-19, 22:05

Corinne's reply is very very good, andI have translated it into chinese, posted at Chinese Forum.

#5 User is offline   finnemann 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2017-February-02, 14:43

This is a teribole way to say not want bridgeplayers online,, some datanerds been do thinking, it was a Return to how it looks like when i start play bridge online,, old Version was super compare to this,,need click on other players for info,all is complicated and bbo have forgoten they have lots old players not borned datanerds. shame on bbo,, one posetive thing it probaly brings players out off sofa and back to Clubs for play again,, coz bbo do what they can for loose players online, it would be better if they not think Smartphones and pads, it is not tolate for og back on old this Version was look like a beta Version ,,

#6 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2017-February-02, 17:16

View Postfinnemann, on 2017-February-02, 14:43, said:

need click on other players for info

Use Options -> More Options... -> Advanced Options -> Show Profile on Mouse Over

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users