BBO Discussion Forums: 3 level preference after opener jump shift - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3 level preference after opener jump shift

#1 User is offline   Stephen Tu 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2017-January-15, 11:48

It's really bad to have the 3 level preference show the 3 cd limit raise after the JS, responder needs to be able to take false preference on hands where unclear what to do. 4M should be the 3 cd lr, 3M should be assumed 2cd M.

#2 User is offline   1eyedjack 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2017-January-15, 12:04

Not the only problem on that hand, of course. Give East a third Spade and you are still some way off a confident 6S bid
Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,
2000 years earlier: "morituri te salutant"

"I will be with you, whatever". Blair to Bush, precursor to invasion of Iraq

#3 User is offline   lycier 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2017-January-15, 20:10

View PostStephen Tu, on 2017-January-15, 11:48, said:

It's really bad to have the 3 level preference show the 3 cd limit raise after the JS, responder needs to be able to take false preference on hands where unclear what to do. 4M should be the 3 cd lr, 3M should be assumed 2cd M.

What you said is correct, I agree.
However I think that the biggest problem is the explanation on rebid-3 by responder. Usually rebid-3 is a weakish bid with 2-3 cards instead of strongish hand with 11-12 TPs.

#4 User is offline   jdonn 

• - - T98765432 AQT8
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2017-January-18, 11:31

Yeah it's bad.
Please let me know about any questions or interest or bug reports about GIB.

#5 User is offline   slar 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2017-January-24, 08:35

View Postlycier, on 2017-January-15, 20:10, said:

What you said is correct, I agree.
However I think that the biggest problem is the explanation on rebid-3 by responder. Usually rebid-3 is a weakish bid with 2-3 cards instead of strongish hand with 11-12 TPs.

I can live with that explanation. You're already in a game force. Responder should go to game (either 3NT or 4).

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users