Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Where are the good GIBS??

#1 User is offline   klutzygirl 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2017-January-15, 09:47

My partner and I like to play against GIBs, and we really liked the Windows version where we could slow down their play to make them better competition. Is that version gone? I can't find it anywhere. In the new version, the two levels of GIB expertise are not nearly as strong. Is there any way to find the older GIBs?

#2 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2017-January-15, 13:07

View Postklutzygirl, on 2017-January-15, 09:47, said:

My partner and I like to play against GIBs, and we really liked the Windows version where we could slow down their play to make them better competition. Is that version gone? I can't find it anywhere. In the new version, the two levels of GIB expertise are not nearly as strong. Is there any way to find the older GIBs?

The web version can't use the version of GIB running on your PC, it uses the GIBs that run on our server, so you can't customize the settings. You're limited to either basic GIB ($1/week in MBC, and the free daylong tourneys), and advanced GIB ($1/day in MBC, and all the other robot tourneys).

#3 User is offline   klutzygirl 

• PipPip

Posted 2017-January-16, 05:13

Right. But is the other version still around? And can you please provide a link?

#4 User is offline   barmar 

Posted 2017-January-16, 09:32

View Postklutzygirl, on 2017-January-16, 05:13, said:

Right. But is the other version still around? And can you please provide a link?

The windows version is going away. As we announced a few months ago, starting in February we're disabling the windows version for most users.

#5 User is offline   klutzygirl 

• PipPip

Posted 2017-January-17, 08:33

View Postbarmar, on 2017-January-16, 09:32, said:

The windows version is going away. As we announced a few months ago, starting in February we're disabling the windows version for most users.

That's a shame, it's much better! If only you would keep the GIBs' playing level up... Can you possibly provide a link so we can use it the rest of the month?

#6 User is offline   barmar 

Posted 2017-January-17, 10:16

While you can't configure the playing speed of the online robots, their bidding rules have been improved a number of times since the last update to the downloaded version.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users