#1 User is offline   enfilade 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2017-January-13, 07:24

#2 User is offline   enfilade 

• Pip

Posted 2017-January-13, 07:27

3 led; dummy's J held trick with east following.
Club game with opponents somewhat weak.
Optimal play?

#3 User is offline   enfilade 

• Pip

Posted 2017-January-13, 07:31

View Postenfilade, on 2017-January-13, 07:24, said:

Oops, south with 6NT bid

#4 User is offline   Kaitlyn S 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2017-January-13, 15:20

I'll try a heart to the ace, club back, lead HK, if honor drops, lead HQ, discarding diamonds. If the other honor drops, I'm playing for an overtrick. Cash the DA and clubs and run hearts and if nobody has set up a minor suit card, run spades.

If the other honor doesn't drop, I lead the H9 promoting the last heart (discarding a diamond.) The fifth heart back is probably their best defense but you mentioned that they were weak so I assume they'll lead to the bare DA. I cash the cub tops and play my last heart (I'll cash my DA early if they don't take it out.)

If no honor drops on the first two hearts, I lead the H8. Assuming they are 4-3, I'll again play the DA and club tops and run hearts.

If hearts are 5-2 with no honor dropping, I'll need a miracle. If West has the doubleton, I'll assume he has all the guards and discards to allow himself to be squeezed again. If East has the doubleton, I might hope that West decided to lead the unbid suit from queen third and then try for a spade-diamond simple squeeze, making if spades are 3-3.

#5 User is offline   msjennifer 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Cricket,Photography,Paediatrics and Community Medicine.

Posted 2017-January-14, 10:12

Win the HA return by club King and cash HK if an honor appears follow the line suggested by Kaitlyn.But if no honor appears then you are still uncertain if they are 5/2 or 4/3.In any case one has to rectify the count as if the hearts are 5/2 you have only 10 tricks and then only a progressive sqeeeze will work.So duck a heart without cashing the Queen.If hearts turn out to be 4/3 you have the 11 th trick.Win any return in hand cash the DA ( Vienna Coup) cash the the other remaining honor in clubs /spade and if the CQ appears one has the 12 th trick.If it does not appear then one has the double squeeze in hand if CQ is with West and he holds four spades or if East/west holds the DK and four spades when you cash the HQx.Last 4 Card position South -Sx,HQ8 and DQ and North S-Ax,-,Dx,C-10 When you cash HQX both EW are squeezed.(If West holds both DK ,CQ and four spades it will be a simple squeeze.).

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users