BBO Discussion Forums: Arnhem software does not run on Windows 10 - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Arnhem software does not run on Windows 10

#1 User is offline   y66 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2017-January-12, 15:33

I have Partnership Defense, The Jannersten Collection and other disks from Arnhem which I got from the BridgeBase shop. They don't run on Windows 10 Pro 64. They do run on native Windows XP Service Pack 2.

Any suggestions for getting them to run on Windows 10? I've tried running as administrator with these compatibility settings: Windows 95, Windows XP Service Pack 2. No luck. Program does not display and is not running according to Task Manager. I think the problem is related to the CD copyright protection scheme. This is not urgent.
If you lose all hope, you can always find it again -- Richard Ford in The Sportswriter

#2 User is offline   tk1430 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2017-April-04, 00:05

View Posty66, on 2017-January-12, 15:33, said:

I have Partnership Defense, The Jannersten Collection and other disks from Arnhem which I got from the BridgeBase shop. They don't run on Windows 10 Pro 64. They do run on native Windows XP Service Pack 2.

Any suggestions for getting them to run on Windows 10? I've tried running as administrator with these compatibility settings: Windows 95, Windows XP Service Pack 2. No luck. Program does not display and is not running according to Task Manager. I think the problem is related to the CD copyright protection scheme. This is not urgent.

Hi y66
I have the same problem as you have. I have the Jannersten collection an the Terence Reese classics from Arnhem Bridge Products and I have been trying to run them on my tablet running windows 10.
Have you solved your problem or are you still unabled to run the apps?

#3 User is offline   y66 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2018-May-21, 08:44

View Posttk1430, on 2017-April-04, 00:05, said:

Hi y66
I have the same problem as you have. I have the Jannersten collection an the Terence Reese classics from Arnhem Bridge Products and I have been trying to run them on my tablet running windows 10.
Have you solved your problem or are you still unabled to run the apps?

Hi tk1430. I never did find a solution that lets me run this software on Windows 10. I run these programs on an old Windows XP laptop which is ok but not ideal. In addition to the problem with Arnhem programs that use SafeDisc, it looks like some of the older BridgeBase programs such as PC Counting at Bridge don't run on Windows 10 either or at least not on my Windows 10 64 bit machine. Counting at Bridge Two runs fine.
If you lose all hope, you can always find it again -- Richard Ford in The Sportswriter

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users