BBO Discussion Forums: How is your score figured in speedball tourneys? - BBO Discussion Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How is your score figured in speedball tourneys? Duplicate Scoring in tourneys

#21 User is offline   adv exp 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2017-January-16, 11:51

View Postbarmar, on 2017-January-16, 09:41, said:

What good would it do? You're not going to withdraw if you discover you're in a higher strat than you hoped, are you? Will you play differently if you discover you're in strat A instead of B?

And with a handle like "adv exp", I'm surprised you have an issue with being in A.

Wow you had me and now you lost me. The attitude you just expressed above, if widely held by other BBO admin, is exactly the problem. You obviously missed the whole point, namely to be transparent about ALL of the rules so that tourney participants have the proper expectations before sitting down to play even the first time. I will cut and paste this conversation along with the "Rules" I have edited above on the site and give to my fellow partners and others so as many people as possible know all the rules and admins reluctance to disseminate them. You are welcome.

Also who said I had an issue with being in A stratum except you. Putting words in people's mouths is a no-no especially when they are arbitrary and inaccurate. I merely want to know which stratum I am ASAP only. And if you go back and read the whole post, you will see that I actually said that I always want to compete in the highest stratum. You don't have to apologize to me now for your erroneous depiction of me. I know it is not in your character.

adv exp

#22 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2017-January-17, 09:34

View Postadv exp, on 2017-January-16, 11:51, said:

Wow you had me and now you lost me. The attitude you just expressed above, if widely held by other BBO admin, is exactly the problem. You obviously missed the whole point, namely to be transparent about ALL of the rules so that tourney participants have the proper expectations before sitting down to play even the first time.

I was responding to your suggestion to post the strats after the game has started. By then it's too late to be transparent before sitting down to play the first time.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users