Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Bingo Bridge Robot Bidding and Frequency of Tournaments

#1 User is offline   susan620 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2017-January-04, 06:13

I love to play Bingo Bridge but there are several problems which I hope you can improve upon.

1. Many of us like to play Bingo Bridge but there are not enough tournaments. Could you please add additional tournaments?

2. Since the robot cannot see the Bingo card, its bidding is erratic and ruins the game. Would it be possible to modify
the software so the the robot can make bids consistent with the choices on the Bingo Card?

Thank you very much. susan620

#2 User is offline   m1cha 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2017-January-04, 11:25

Hi Susan,

I also like Bingo Bridge though I haven't played for a little while.

There are two tournaments per hour free of charge, that's 48 per day. Not so few, I'd say. The problem may be registering. Registration starts at x:12 and x:42 and can end within less than 20 seconds. I recommend to set a radio-controlled alarm clock. That's how it works for me.

Yes, bidding is a challenge in itself. I have come to accept that bidding in Bingo Bridge is different from normal bridge. For example, if you need a contract of 3 you will not get there the usual way because if you bid it, partner often raises to 4. The way out is to open 3 which is normally passed. You only have 4 cards in or only 3? Who cares? If you are strong enough to make 3NT, you may also be strong enough to make 3 in a 6-card fit! Forget about bidding your hand towards the end of the tournament. Bid whatever gives you the best chance of playing in the contract you need. For me that's always been part of the game. And part of the fun, too.

#3 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2017-January-04, 14:03

View Postsusan620, on 2017-January-04, 06:13, said:

2. Since the robot cannot see the Bingo card, its bidding is erratic and ruins the game. Would it be possible to modify
the software so the the robot can make bids consistent with the choices on the Bingo Card?

In general, we don't program the robots to know about special conditions we've set up. For instance, in Best Hand tournaments, only the human knows that South always has the most HCP, the robots aren't allowed to adjust their strategy for this.

So in Bridge Bingo, the challenge is trying to get the contracts you need for the Bingo card, even though the robot is trying to bid normally. We don't think this ruins the game, we think it's part of the fun.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users