BBO Discussion Forums: Bridgemate - changing to A, A+, or A- - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Bridgemate - changing to A, A+, or A-

#1 User is offline   BudH 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Interests:Operations Supervisor/Technical Advisor at nuclear power plant, soccer and basketball referee for more than 25 years; GLM; Ex-Head (Game) Director at South Bend (Indiana) Bridge Club; avid student of bridge law and game movements

Posted 2017-January-01, 15:12

Using Bridgemates, after the game you want to change a score in the Bridgemate Control Software to either A+/A+, A+/A-, A/A+, or any other combination of A, A-, or A+.

After finding the board from the Result Matrix table and double clicking on that board result, what change needs to be made in which field to do this?

(The user manual describes what to do at the Bridgemate units at the table, but there is nothing about how to change it in the computer software after the game when the table units are no longer active.)

#2 User is offline   pran 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2017-January-02, 04:58

View PostBudH, on 2017-January-01, 15:12, said:

Using Bridgemates, after the game you want to change a score in the Bridgemate Control Software to either A+/A+, A+/A-, A/A+, or any other combination of A, A-, or A+.

After finding the board from the Result Matrix table and double clicking on that board result, what change needs to be made in which field to do this?

(The user manual describes what to do at the Bridgemate units at the table, but there is nothing about how to change it in the computer software after the game when the table units are no longer active.)

I don't know if this is (easily) possible in the Bridgemate Control Software.

When we need to change a result and it is too late to do it at the Bridgemate unit we do it directly in the scoring program.

I shall not go into details as I assume different scoring programs have different procedures. Our scoring program automatically updates also the Bridgemate control database so there is no problem here.

#3 User is offline   gordontd 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2017-January-02, 05:08

View PostBudH, on 2017-January-01, 15:12, said:

Delete Contract, Result, Lead, and put 50%-50% (or equivalent) in under Remarks. Untick Processed.
Of course you can still do it at the Bridgemate even after the game is over as long as another session hasn't been sent to them.
Gordon Rainsford
London UK

#4 User is offline   mycroft 

• Secretary Bird
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2017-January-03, 11:12

Yes, knowing that I can take a Bridgemate and register it to the "current game" when it has finished, so that I can do something (clear a score, check something, even as a player double-check my own scores) is wonderful and was a big "light bulb moment" when it happened. Note that it can be *any* Bridgemate, so long as it and the "real" one have end-of-sessioned.
When I go to sea, don't fear for me, Fear For The Storm -- Birdie and the Swansong (tSCoSI)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users