BBO Discussion Forums: My use of Windows Web BBO as a combination - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

My use of Windows Web BBO as a combination Training Preparation

#1 User is offline   eamongall 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2017-January-01, 13:30

Good evening folks (or morning or afternoon) depending on your location

[b]When the Windows version of BBO is gone I don't think I can do the below setup.

Currently one of my main uses of BBO is for preparing online Bidding practice sessions for the Irish Open bridge team.
Several offshoots of this application follow for lesser players.
I generally focus on competitive/interference/pre-emptive bidding as life is easy when the opps are silent.
My friends main requirement in a bidding session is that the GIBS will interfere regularly so therefore I need deals where
the robot acts on many hands so I must pre test the deals to get best use of time.

The international players give me many scenarios that they would like to practice and I produce a session and then load
the hands into the account of the designated table server of the practicing pair.

Here is the brief description

1. Open a partnership bidding table on web based BBO using Malahide as my account
2. Generate the script to describe the scenario required and when happy we are ready to go
3. Open a Windows BBO using Eamongall to record the generated and tested deals
4. Generate and examine boards and it they seem suitable keep them and continue
5. Example if I see 1NT P P P ..I skip it
6. I end up with a file of 64 or less hands and save it as some relevant name
7. Later I will load the file into the various BBO accounts
8. the players will do their bidding practice in their own time

Problem

I don't think the Web Based BBO allows me any export function of any hand sets without major surgery
and time from me.
Currently 1 hour work will get me 2 sets of 64 tested hands for bidding practice sessions

The next web based BBO will allow me to only have the hands saved in my BBO account but I cannot easily
transfer them to other BBO accounts

Thanks
Eamon Galligan
Eamongall on BBO

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users