Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 cards less

#1 User is offline   m1cha 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2016-December-30, 15:45

The label for the 3 bid reads "4- ; 6+ ; 11-12 total points". I decided that 4 has better chances than 5 and end up playing in a 4-2 fit with the 6-card suit to my right.
I didn't find that funny. 3NT is as cold as ice. How about N bid 3 (even if it's a slight overbid)?

#2 User is online   smerriman 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2016-December-30, 16:55

GIB showing 6+ spades after a takeout double when it only has 4 is something I've seen before too. jdonn replied that he thought it's being worked on (whatever that means).

#3 User is offline   lycier 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2016-December-30, 17:43

No double,no trouble. This have been a weak area for Gib in many years.

#4 User is offline   m1cha 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2016-December-30, 17:46

It probably means that it's being worked on but it's being complicated. And while you are still trying to figure it out, some other matters come in. So you put it aside for a little while and for another little while ... Life in the real world. :)

I noticed something both our hands have in common. In your hand there's the 2 bid by S labeled "3+ " but it should actually be 4 hearts unless we have an emergency. In my case the 3 bid by S is labeled "4+" but it should actually 5+ diamonds unless we have an emergency because in ~ 95 % of all hands with just 4 diamonds S should have another, better bid. In consequence, N may not be satisfied with the fit and, trying to find something better, goes wild. Maybe that helps. If it's correct.

Edit: Another possibility: It might be a mismatch in bidding routines. Because in a similar sequence such as
1 (2) X (p);
3 (p) 3
the bid just shows a 4-card suit.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users