BBO Discussion Forums: A Challenge in Dummy Play - BBO Discussion Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

A Challenge in Dummy Play How can 4s be won?

#21 User is offline   el khouri 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2016-December-31, 11:37

easy if LHO have no more diamond just cahs yhe ace of heart and finesse th jack if it win play king of clab and jettison king of heart

#22 User is offline   johnaa777 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2016-December-31, 23:40

After pulling trump. lead K clubs and discard a diamond. Discard another diamond on Q clubs. Always makes 6.

#23 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2016-December-31, 23:47

johnaa777, on 2016-December-31, 23:40, said:

After pulling trump. lead K clubs and discard a diamond. Discard another diamond on Q clubs. Always makes 6.

And how will you miracle your @$$ to the dummy 2 times?
"Genius has its own limitations, however stupidity has no such boundaries!"
"It's only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence!"

"Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say."

#24 User is offline   nige1 

• 5-level belongs to me
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Poems Computers

Posted 2017-January-01, 02:45

MrAce, on 2016-December-31, 23:47, said:

And how will you miracle your @$ to the dummy 2 times?
Some time ago, an opponent employed this stunt against us. As declarer's LHO, I quickly pointed out he was in the wrong hand. After a pause, declarer tried again. Again I pointed out that the lead was in his hand. When he tried a 3rd time, after a longer tank, I was too slow to prevent a dozy partner from following suit, "condoning" declarer's infraction, and enabling him to make his contract :(

Do the laws provide any redress for this -- assuming that declarer claims that he made a genuine mistake :)

#25 User is offline   gszes 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2017-January-01, 21:54

nige1, on 2017-January-01, 02:45, said:

Some time ago, an opponent employed this stunt against us. As declarer's LHO, I quickly pointed out he was in the wrong hand. After a pause, declarer tried again. Again I pointed out that the lead was in his hand. When he tried a 3rd time, after a longer tank, I was too slow to prevent a dozy partner from following suit, "condoning" declarer's infraction, and enabling him to make his contract :(

Do the laws provide any redress for this -- assuming that declarer claims that he made a genuine mistake :)

You got what you deserved for not calling the director immediately:)))))))))))))))))) I am on your side I hate playerws with lack of ethics but even a dozing partner will wake up to a director call:)))) HNY

#26 User is offline   gszes 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2017-January-01, 22:03

IMHO I think the best plan is to assume rho has long diamonds and the club ace. The bidding would indeed be helpful since only an insane lho would lead a diamond with Qxxx when we have bid and raised diamonds. SO I would win trick 1 run all but 1 spade then play hearts ending in dummy the final 4 cards are !D Jx !C KQ opposite !S2 !Daxx what 4 cards can rho hold onto? if they hold only 2!c and 2!D we yield a dia trick and take the rest while if they hold the stiff !CA and 3 dia we lead the club K and they have to lead away from the Q at trick 12. This lop requires a very plausible rho holding of 3343 or less hearts and more clubs.

As Kaitlyn s points out a singleton dia lead is a ton more consistent with an aceless hand

#27 User is offline   Fluffy 

• World International Master without a clue
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2017-January-02, 03:12

I was gonna suggest AK+Q and play K from dummy and ruff A when East covers (Which in my experience people do mostly all the time, but it might depend on the bidding which is not given). then follow a small diamond from hand. But upon reading Adam's line I think I like his more.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users