BBO Discussion Forums: Proposing new feature on BBO: Bidding Benchmark - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Proposing new feature on BBO: Bidding Benchmark

#1 User is offline   VJ 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2016-December-23, 20:42

I already have mine, which can be improved and expanded.
Interested in a joint venture there?

A first step could be access to public libraries of deals with or without (this is more the BBO spirit) fee. Those libraries would be accessible from bidding practice selection of source deals.
Systems architect
Currently playing for Alsace, France

#2 User is offline   1eyedjack 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2016-December-24, 04:47

What is a bidding benchmark?
Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,
2000 years earlier: "morituri te salutant"

"I will be with you, whatever". Blair to Bush, precursor to invasion of Iraq

#3 User is offline   VJ 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2016-December-24, 06:22

View Post1eyedjack, on 2016-December-24, 04:47, said:

What is a bidding benchmark?

A report on the effectiveness of your bidding system. Rather than basing it on theoretical considerations on the description of the system, its input would consist ideally on a partnership (a single player may also in all honesty make the bidding for all 4 players) bidding a set of representative hands against either bots or another partnership, the contract being compared to its statistical value in a scoring system (easiest is rubber bridge). The report gives a factual score (%) for your partnership bidding, as well as scores for various topics such as bidding strong hands, 3-suiters, slammish values, homogeneity of the partnership when swpping hands, a.s.o. The listed maximum scores are 100%. There is practically no minimum in case of rubber scoring (negative values). Actually the minimum for 1 deal is -4000/2540=-157%.

As an example on my existing benchmark tool, I have following overall scores for a limited set of deals:
Me partnering bots: 52%
My 5CM bidding system against itself: 76%
My precision system (VJ): 100%
Me and my female partner against bots: 53%
Systems architect
Currently playing for Alsace, France

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users