Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Bridge Master French version

#1 User is offline   VJ 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2016-December-23, 20:37

I bought for my club a number of Bridge Master softwares, with the extra libraries. All of them in English.

I do recommend it to my students, but most of the French ones are allergic to English and would only buy a full French version that would contain SEF bidding and French explanations (when using the Movie icon).

Does this exist? If so, where for instance can I buy it (I guess on BBO site???)?
If not, I am ready to provide all the FRench specifics in text files, or even to program it if given the source code.
Systems architect
Currently playing for Alsace, France

#2 User is offline   fred 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2016-December-24, 13:39

Thanks for your interest in Bridge Master and for buying some of our software for your club.

There is a French version of Bridge Master available through Le Bridgeur.

Fred Gitelman
Bridge Base Inc.
www.bridgebase.com

#3 User is offline   VJ 

• PipPip

Posted 2016-December-24, 21:16

View Postfred, on 2016-December-24, 13:39, said:

Thanks for your interest in Bridge Master and for buying some of our software for your club.

There is a French version of Bridge Master available through Le Bridgeur.

Fred Gitelman
Bridge Base Inc.
www.bridgebase.com

Thanks very much Fred!
I have just checked their catalog and asked them a few questions on the thoroughness and quality of the translation. I will let you know in case -as I expect- they will not know of some answers.

At this point however, it seems clear already they do not cover all the deals we have in our versions (Bridge Master 2000 + all extra deals): they have all the original 36 deals for each level, and they sell separately "all" -i.e. only 180 i.o. 12*30=360, I do not know which ones yet- extra deals as "Volume 2". I have no idea of the sales figures, hence whether they plan a Volume 3 with the missing 180 deals. If not, should I contact you (preferred) or them for contracting it?

Nota Bene: No to mention the Audrey Grant version but interest would probably be limited in France for that one.
Systems architect

#4 User is offline   fred 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2016-December-25, 09:14

View PostVJ, on 2016-December-24, 21:16, said:

Thanks very much Fred!
I have just checked their catalog and asked them a few questions on the thoroughness and quality of the translation. I will let you know in case -as I expect- they will not know of some answers.

At this point however, it seems clear already they do not cover all the deals we have in our versions (Bridge Master 2000 + all extra deals): they have all the original 36 deals for each level, and they sell separately "all" -i.e. only 180 i.o. 12*30=360, I do not know which ones yet- extra deals as "Volume 2". I have no idea of the sales figures, hence whether they plan a Volume 3 with the missing 180 deals. If not, should I contact you (preferred) or them for contracting it?

Nota Bene: No to mention the Audrey Grant version but interest would probably be limited in France for that one.

Thanks for your offer, VJ, but there is no need for you to contact me about any of this. If Le Bridgeur wants to do a Volume 3 at some point, they will need my help so I will hear from them if/when that time comes.

I cannot work directly with you or any other 3rd party to translate addition deals because Le Bridgeur has exclusive French-language rights to Bridge Master. If you want to be involved in the created of additional Volumes, you should discuss that with the appropriate person at Le Bridgeur. Philippe Cronier was in charge of producing the existing Volumes so he might be a good person to try to contact.

If you can't get a clear answer on which deals are in which of the 2 existing Volumes, please send me an e-mail (fred@bridgebase.com) and I will try to figure it out.

Fred Gitelman
Bridge Base Inc.
www.bridgebase.com

#5 User is offline   VJ 

• PipPip

Posted 2016-December-26, 03:54

View Postfred, on 2016-December-25, 09:14, said:

Thanks for your offer, VJ, but there is no need for you to contact me about any of this. If Le Bridgeur wants to do a Volume 3 at some point, they will need my help so I will hear from them if/when that time comes.

I cannot work directly with you or any other 3rd party to translate addition deals because Le Bridgeur has exclusive French-language rights to Bridge Master. If you want to be involved in the created of additional Volumes, you should discuss that with the appropriate person at Le Bridgeur. Philippe Cronier was in charge of producing the existing Volumes so he might be a good person to try to contact.

If you can't get a clear answer on which deals are in which of the 2 existing Volumes, please send me an e-mail (fred@bridgebase.com) and I will try to figure it out.

Fred Gitelman
Bridge Base Inc.
www.bridgebase.com

Many thx Fred. I will make good use of your info and let you know of the conclusions of the thread I engaged with Le Bridgeur. Meanwhile I will still push for the English version which remains quite a reference, until I can possibly recommend the French one.
Systems architect

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users