BBO Discussion Forums: About the BBO windows version——functiongs not cover in ONLINE version - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

About the BBO windows version——functiongs not cover in ONLINE version

#1 User is offline   lsymjde 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2016-December-20, 08:53

HI,ADMIN of BBO,

I am a Chinese bridge player who plays in Chinese WOMEN's HOPE Team. The windows version of BBO provide us great place to train every weak and in partnership bidding. I was astonished to hear about that the windows version of BBO would be closed on Feb.1st 2017. But I still can not find out the same function in web version which can be found in windows version.

Most of the time, we play a PAIRS tounament or TEAM tournament of 20B every week. After USING the windows version, we will automatically got a .lin file which have all the information about playing and bidding.

By pressing the little "printer" down to the software opening ".lin" file , we can acquire a ".txt" file contains everything we want to comment or discuss. One of our members also write a piece of code to build a beautiful .doc file based on the ".lin" file. And we write comment on the doc. file.

We rotate the .doc file to every member who play and everyone is free to comment every board. Finally, we send this file back to our coach and he will summarize and finalize all the comments and give his opinion.

But when we play by web version, there is no automatic .lin file. We can only find .lin in my own playing history online. Every board is set in one small .lin file but not the whole round or whole tournament. It will take tens of times more time to make this .doc file if we download the .lin one board by one board. I tried a lot of times to get the whole .lin file of a tournament with online version but failed.

And what's more, we always practice free bidding,competitive bidding and defensive bidding with windows version.

I can set everything with the windows-version. The biggest difference is opponent's biding is programmed, I can choose how opponent involved in the bidding. (NOT GIB but programmed) But with online version, (sorry, I use the web BBO in Chinese ones, so I translate the words)when I set up a bidding table, no programmed opponents bidding!

With windows version, I can get a .lin file which record all the boards we practice bidding. But unfortunately,no records about bidding with online version. The following is one file I practice with my partner yesterday using software version.(By clicking the "printer" icon, I output the .txt file like a piece of cake.)

On behalf of all the windows-version users(maybe most of them can't read or write in English), I strongly suggest to extend these functions of windows version for BBO to the online version. Not only because of people getting used to using the functiongs of the software, but also these functions would be a GREAT one to professional users who really wants to practice bridge and summarize problems during playing. Usually, we eliminate an old version because the new version can cover all the functions. I am very happy to use the web version if it can provide whole .lin file for us to do "research".

Yours, sincerely

P.S.Following is the link to the letter with figures to illustrate the functions.

http://blog.sina.com...a20102wu3k.html

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users