• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2016-November-22, 07:47

IMP

2=weak 2
Rest cues

Lead K
"Genius has its own limitations, however stupidity has no such boundaries!"
"It's only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence!"

"Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say."

#2 User is offline   nige1 

• 5-level belongs to me
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Poems Computers

Posted 2016-November-22, 11:02

MrAce writes "IMP. Lead K"

Spoiler

#3 User is offline   Kaitlyn S 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-November-22, 13:33

View Postnige1, on 2016-November-22, 11:02, said:

MrAce writes "IMP. Lead K"

Good problem, Mr Ace.

Spoiler

Spoiler

If either of our solutions is right, IMO this is a tough problem for I/A, especially for the I portion, although it is less difficult than the problems I've seen in the expert forum. I would never get this in a table without collecting late-play warnings and a mean glare from partner for holding up the game.

To potential BBO partners: Don't expect I'm going to find these plays at the table. :)

#4 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-November-22, 19:01

Both Kaitlyn and Nige1 are on right track but not complete.

In the original hand spades were 2-2.
It is about counting the opponent hands so I do not think it is hard problem for I/A section.
First cash a and if all follows cash 2nd , if all follows
Cash AK and ruff a club. Assume E followed all 3 of them.
Go to dummy with K and play 4th club, now;

A-E followed 4th club, then ruff and play 2 more rounds of discarding from dummy, endplaying E, as Kaitlyn said.

B-E did not follow 4th club, then E is 2623, ruff the 4th club, cash AK of and ruff 3rd , exit with and hope East originally had Jx

So the correct line is to win the A and

-Cash 1 round of , if all follow
-Cash 2nd . and if all follow
-Cash AK of and ruff 3rd.
-Go to dummy with K and play 4th . Play accordingly depending in whether E followed the 4th or not. Like Kaitlyn said if he follows 4th and if not follows cash A of and ruff 3rd exit with hope for E holding Jx .

-IF W did not follow 1st or 2nd , play like Nigel said
-IF E did not follow 2nd , we need miracle E holding something exactly like x QJT98x 9xx 543 to perform same squeeze against West.
"Genius has its own limitations, however stupidity has no such boundaries!"
"It's only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence!"

"Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say."

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users