BBO Discussion Forums: strange description with 5-6 hand - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

strange description with 5-6 hand

#1 User is offline   Stephen Tu 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2016-November-20, 21:17

some weirdness:
- description of 4s says both 6+d and 3-card diamond. Which does North think South has? can description be fixed?
- I kind of wanted to bid 5s as South but it was described as cue bid for diamonds and forcing. Can't it just be offer to play? I doubled since it seemed to describe my hand other than the 6+d/3-card diamond contradiction thing.
- shouldn't North with extra diamond and big double fit try 5s at some point? Maybe 5s definition needs to be adjusted so it can consider bidding it?

#2 User is offline   jdonn 

• - - T98765432 AQT8
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-November-25, 18:14

The 3+ diamonds of course doesn't belong in the definition. On the second question, it's kind of advanced for what I would get into, and not that clear anyway since you are showing willingness to play 6D either way. For the third question, GIB is generally terrible at 5 level and higher decisions about whether to pull doubles, and that is not close to being fixed.
Please let me know about any questions or interest or bug reports about GIB.

#3 User is offline   Bbradley62 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-November-27, 16:55

The description of 4S also includes "strong rebiddable ". The posted definition of "strong rebiddable" is a 6-card suit including 8+HCP in the suit. This seems a bit much to be required of a second suit, even at the 4-level.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users