Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Need to Refresh

#1 User is offline   TDMissy 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2016-November-18, 05:10

I am transitioning to the Web version from the trusted, downloaded version and there are a several features that I don't find available and they do impact the quality of the tournaments in Total Points. I recognize our tournament format is different than the usual, and perhaps that's why these features aren't programmed.
- the need to refresh who is or isn't kibbing the host table. Our players find partners using the list of kibbers. When this isn't automatically refreshed as players come and go, it is a very big problem. It literally requires the TD and the players to continuously refresh "Who's On Line; Kibbing" and that is a significant problem.
- the same is true when showing the tables in "My BBO." The TD and/or the AD monitors the tables in play for possible disconnects which happen frequently. There is no way to see a table that loses a player without continuously clicking "refresh". When the TD is getting win/lose reports as tables finish, there is no way to keep refreshing and do the TD job at the same time. In addition, the TD has to toggle back and forth between Open Tables and Full Tables to see where all the tables are. If both open and full tables appeared on one combined list...at least in the Tournament Clubs...it would be much easier to manage. The tables need to be automatically refreshed as players come and go, also.
Sound:
- It would be nice to have a louder notification when getting a private chat ... as in the old version.
- Also nice to have when a "friend" or "follower" signs on.
Chat Manager:
It is difficult at best to try to edit a message in the Chat Manager when only the beginning of the chat message is displayed. The full chat needs to be displayed for editing purposes.
Kibitzing:
When kibitzing a table with reserved seats, the names of the players sitting east and west on the screen are obscured by the word "reserved". Many times a player cannot sit because of a misspelled name and there is no way to verify the spelling when you can't see what it says.

I'm not sure what purpose is served by separating "friends" and "followers". As a TD in Total Points, we mark every returning player as a friend so they are easily tracked if disconnected or easily found if you need to find a sub. Having the players in two different alphabetical lists is a definite inconvenience when TDing or ADing.

I understand you have already received the requests for options to log all chat and to log all hands while playing and kibitzing.

I have other concerns I will post in another forum session. Your consideration of my requests will be appreciated.

Fran Capra aka TDMissy, ADMissyble, missykc

#2 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2016-November-18, 09:46

View PostTDMissy, on 2016-November-18, 05:10, said:

I'm not sure what purpose is served by separating "friends" and "followers".

This was done to make it easier for users to distinguish players they have a real "relationship" with, such as people they've had a good game with and marked each other as friends, with those they just want to kibitz (e.g. particular star players). It's hard to have one system that accomodates all the ideosyncratic ways people use the friend/follow system, and this is targeted at the vast majority.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users