Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Seeing who else is online Trouble with the new version as of last use

#1 User is offline   stevetexas 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2016-November-07, 20:09

Hi I admit I tried the web version of BBO and turned back. The biggest drawback I saw (which may have been fixed by now but I don't know it) comes to when one is playing in a club or lounge, unlike with the old, downloadable version, you cannot see who is playing at other tables. In a relaxed non-tournament club such as WP Refugees, there has traditionally been chit chat between tables and a number of us have become good friends, even outside of Bridge Base. Thus we like to "see" each other and respond to humor or health concerns or what not either publicly or privately, but I have not found out if this is possible in the web version, it hasn't been in the times I have tried it out to see if it had improved in this way. Can you understand what my concern is and advise me as to whether a)it has been fixed, b) it shall be fixed, or c) it is unfixed and will remain unfixed? Thank you for your time and consideration. Sincerely, Steve

#2 User is offline   steve2005 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Bridge duh!

Posted 2016-November-07, 20:58

you can easily see everyone in the main bridge room or any club on web version.
Sarcasm is a state of mind

#3 User is offline   uday 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2016-November-09, 06:10

Once you're at a table, click Who's Online (right edge) then click Kibitzers.

#4 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2016-November-10, 01:02

View Poststevetexas, on 2016-November-07, 20:09, said:

Hi I admit I tried the web version of BBO and turned back. The biggest drawback I saw (which may have been fixed by now but I don't know it) comes to when one is playing in a club or lounge, unlike with the old, downloadable version, you cannot see who is playing at other tables. In a relaxed non-tournament club such as WP Refugees, there has traditionally been chit chat between tables and a number of us have become good friends, even outside of Bridge Base. Thus we like to "see" each other and respond to humor or health concerns or what not either publicly or privately, but I have not found out if this is possible in the web version, it hasn't been in the times I have tried it out to see if it had improved in this way. Can you understand what my concern is and advise me as to whether a)it has been fixed, b) it shall be fixed, or c) it is unfixed and will remain unfixed? Thank you for your time and consideration. Sincerely, Steve

Hi Steve. You can still see who else is in the club on web. Click BBO Now at the top of the screen and choose List all tables. You can navigate to the club from there and see the tables. The pop-up listing tables can be moved on the screen, so you can open it and drag it somewhere convenient.

#5 User is offline   tsankaR 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2016-November-25, 21:42

what he said was chatting to a group of tables, which is possible in client version

#6 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2016-November-25, 21:47

View PosttsankaR, on 2016-November-25, 21:42, said:

what he said was chatting to a group of tables, which is possible in client version

Chat to club is possible on web too.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users