• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Sort out this mess UI EBU

#21 User is offline   sanst 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2016-October-24, 15:38

View Postblackshoe, on 2016-October-24, 08:54, said:

Penalize South for leaving quickly? I don't think so. He had good reason, it seems, and no instruction from the director to stick around. As for that making things more difficult for the TD, so what? What would the TD have done if South had had a heart attack? The director would still not be able to ask South anything, so that would be unchanged. I don't think anyone would suggest penalizing South in that circumstance. At least, I hope not. B-)
I didn't write that S should be penalized, only that she would deserve a penalty if she left for no good reason. And to start about heart attacks is downright ridiculous. If such an event happens, the players will leave and you wait for medical assistance to arrive. I've seen this twice and in both cases the match was canceled. To continue with directing like nothing has happened, is inconceivable to me.
That the playing director didn't appear at the end of the auction, is not so strange. It was the last round, so there was enough time to come after he had played his own board. I don't think that the director should leave his table every time he is called and thus keep the three others waiting and interrupting their play. What exactly happened or was said, is not clear from the OP, but the game continued in the same way as when he had come at the first call. I don't think that W would have changed his last pass, given the chance.
Joost

#22 User is offline   Cyberyeti 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2016-October-24, 16:51

View Postsanst, on 2016-October-24, 15:38, said:

That the playing director didn't appear at the end of the auction, is not so strange. It was the last round, so there was enough time to come after he had played his own board. I don't think that the director should leave his table every time he is called and thus keep the three others waiting and interrupting their play. What exactly happened or was said, is not clear from the OP, but the game continued in the same way as when he had come at the first call. I don't think that W would have changed his last pass, given the chance.

Confirmed with him, even though I called twice at the end of the auction, he didn't hear it.

#23 User is offline   blackshoe 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2016-October-25, 09:40

View Posthelene_t, on 2016-October-24, 09:11, said:

5 can't be an LA if 2 is benji. Playing Benji, you respond a positive 3 or a 2 relay.

Okay.
--------------------
As for tv, screw it. You aren't missing anything. -- Ken Berg
I have come to realise it is futile to expect or hope a regular club game will be run in accordance with the laws. -- Jillybean

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users