• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Third-seat-high falacy

#1 User is offline   helene_t 

• The Abbess
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2016-October-15, 08:55

http://tinyurl.com/zy6yx5s (Daylong MP tournament)

Going up with K on trick one is not correct defense unless it is deemed likely that p has underlead the ace. I wonder what the constraints, used for the sims, are on partner's and opponent's play. My impression is that there are no such restrictions in general, not even the restriction that partner is expected to give correct count. But shouldn't there at least be a restriction that partner makes standard leads? Or at least, that he is most likely to make standard leads?

Maybe it would backfire to assume that partner never underleads an ace against a suit contract - because we know that gib sometimes does. And human partners, of course, can't assume to adhere to anything, whether GBK or GIB system. Would it be feasible to give the more weight to sim hands in which partner (or opp) makes standard leads and give correct count?
The world would be such a happy place, if only everyone played Acol :) --- TramTicket

#2 User is offline   PhantomSac 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-October-15, 09:55

It's quite possible gib looking at xx diamonds behind the AQJTxx and KT of hearts onside decided it had no prospects at all of getting tricks unless partner had the SA (which is at least somewhat reasonable).
The artist formerly known as jlall

#3 User is offline   helene_t 

• The Abbess
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-October-15, 11:29

Oh yes, lol at me. I have 13 tricks regardless.

Thanks, Justin. Complaint retracted :)
The world would be such a happy place, if only everyone played Acol :) --- TramTicket

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users