BBO Discussion Forums: is partnership compatibility rating being updated - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

is partnership compatibility rating being updated

#1 User is offline   steve2005 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Bridge duh!

Posted 2016-October-11, 17:42

I was not playing much with wife and had a low compatibility rating.
playing much more and rating hasnt moved much
Sarcasm is a state of mind

#2 User is online   sfi 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-October-11, 19:00

Maybe BBO knows more than you think.

Oh, different sort of compatibility rating. No idea about that. But it seems pretty random even for regular partners.

#3 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2016-October-12, 08:43

Playing together doesn't change the factors that are used to compute compatibility.

#4 User is offline   Rain 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-October-13, 13:45

I would agree the comp. score algorithm needs some major work. It's one of those features we added in last minute for fun and then didn't get back to it. I forgot whose idea it was but it could be a lot more useful.

I can't reveal (and don't know!) the algorithm, but if you're curious, skill similarity is one of the major components right now. Of course that leads to the question of how we actually compute skill similarity (very crudely!).
"More and more these days I find myself pondering how to reconcile my net income with my gross habits."

John Nelson.

#5 User is offline   wynsten 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2016-November-22, 13:01

View PostRain, on 2016-October-13, 13:45, said:

I would agree the comp. score algorithm needs some major work. It's one of those features we added in last minute for fun and then didn't get back to it. I forgot whose idea it was but it could be a lot more useful.

I can't reveal (and don't know!) the algorithm, but if you're curious, skill similarity is one of the major components right now. Of course that leads to the question of how we actually compute skill similarity (very crudely!).

Rather than (or in addition to) your weighted sum of the various components, it would be helpful if each profile contained the raw data itself (number of hands played, total IMPs scored, etc. etc whatever you use to determine compatibility) and let us decide whether that makes us "compatible". Then you won't have to work on an algorithm to determine compatibility OR skill level.

#6 User is offline   1eyedjack 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-November-22, 15:09

Heh. In the time that it took you to analyse all that data you could have played 5 hands with them and have a far more reliable impression of compatibility than any algorithm would provide.
Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,
2000 years earlier: "morituri te salutant"

"I will be with you, whatever". Blair to Bush, precursor to invasion of Iraq

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users