• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Someone please fix this. GIB not taking defeating tricks vs slams

#1 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2016-October-11, 04:17

GIB not taking defeating tricks vs slams. This started to happen recently. I had twice. At my table in hand 1, we already took a trick vs slam, declarer played a and GIB as 4th player in the play of this suit, ducked it. It was an advanced GIB that I rented for 1$ when my pd Aaron had to leave table.

Hand 2 was made by my opponents in instant GIB event. They bid 6 NT and doubled by GIB which holds 2 aces, on lead, but did not cash them.

Hand1
{comments}

Hand 2

http://tinyurl.com/z82vd7c

http://tinyurl.com/huh4k5u

As you guys know I rarely complain about GIB. There are many other issues but not taking defeating trick in slams and inviting strong NT overcall with 10-11-12 hcp is pretty bad ones that I believe can be fixed easily.
"Genius has its own limitations, however stupidity has no such boundaries!"
"It's only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence!"

"Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say."

#2 User is offline   johnu 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-October-11, 14:29

Hand 2 - I am shocked that the opening lead 4th from longest and strongest did not work out. I am going to have a talk with those bridge authors who recommend this lead. :)

#3 User is offline   jdonn 

• - - T98765432 AQT8
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-October-13, 19:02

They have a fix to lead ace against 7NT, but I don't think there is one to automatically defeat small slams. It's a good idea that has been talked about before, and I suspect will at some point be implemented. It's just more complicated since there are so many more scenarios for 2 tricks than just "lead an ace", but it should still be doable.
Please let me know about any questions or interest or bug reports about GIB.

#4 User is offline   jdonn 

• - - T98765432 AQT8
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-October-13, 19:02

They have a fix to lead ace against 7NT, but I don't think there is one to automatically defeat small slams. It's a good idea that has been talked about before, and I suspect will at some point be implemented. It's just more complicated since there are so many more scenarios for 2 tricks than just "lead an ace", but it should still be doable.
Please let me know about any questions or interest or bug reports about GIB.

#5 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-October-13, 20:11

View Postjdonn, on 2016-October-13, 19:02, said:

Thank you for the reply.
I was more concerned when GIB declarer played a small, I followed small, and K played from dummy and GIB pd ducked its A, against slam, when we already took a trick and the A it ducked would be the setting trick.
"Genius has its own limitations, however stupidity has no such boundaries!"
"It's only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence!"

"Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say."

#6 User is offline   nige1 

• 5-level belongs to me
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Poems Computers

Posted 2016-October-13, 20:11

WeIcome back, JDonn !
WeIcome back, JDonn !
WeIcome back, JDonn !

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic