Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Talking Pts. X???

#1 User is offline   bridgepali 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2016-October-09, 12:23

B-) B-) The Weak Two Convention is a strain/fit finding convention. It's intent is to open a partnership's bidding with a six card strain of either diamonds, hearts or spades that has 6-11 bona fide pts. with at least 6 hcpts. in the strain.

RESPONDER/POST RESPONDER
(Select ONE)
- with 11-13 pts. and 3+ card support, raise preempt two level opening bid to the three level.
- with 14-19 pts. and 2+ card support, acknowledge preempt two level opening major bid by bidding an artificial 2NT.
- with 14-19 pts. and 3+ card support, acknowledge preempt two level diamond opening bid by bidding an artificial 2NT.
- with 14-19 pts. and a five card major, bid the major at the two level. If hearts can't be bid at the two level, bid an artificial 3C's.
- with >19 pts. and a balanced hand, bid 3NT; otherwise make a game bid in opened preempt strain.

OPENER/POST RESPONDER
(Select One)
- with 6-8 pts. bid preempt opening bid strain at the three level.
- with 9-11 pts. in the preempt strain that include an ace or king, make an artificial bid of 3C's.
- with 9-11 pts. in the preempt strain, make an artificial bid of 3NT.
- with 3+ card support for secondary strain, bid strain at the three level. If can not support secondary strain, with 6-8 pts. bid preempt strain at the three level; with 9-11 pts. make an artificial bid of 3NT.

RESPONDER/POST RESPONDER
- depending on point count and the low range count of Opener's/Post Opener's responsive bid, either make a game strain bid or pass.

Alert: Response formats are presented covered by a 2013 copyright.

B-) Watch for Talking Pts. X????.

#2 User is offline   Vampyr 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2016-October-09, 14:15

For most, 11HCP and even 10 is too many to open a weak two, and 6 is too high a minimum at certain vulnerabilities. 6 HCP in the suit, if it was ever a requirement, probably fell out of favour a little before humans first wandered out of Africa and spread to the other continents.

I can find nothing to say about your response structure. In the words of physicist Wolfgang Pauli, it is not even wrong.

Why do you present your vague impressions of conventions instead of asking what better players do or think is best? Are you even trying to learn?

In any case, please stop, because beginners or intermediates might read your posts and think that you are giving accurate information.
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones -- Albert Einstein

#3 User is online   johnu 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-October-09, 19:13

Is this copyrighted stuff because I want to include this in my next book.

#4 User is online   sfi 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-October-09, 20:29

View Postjohnu, on 2016-October-09, 19:13, said:

Is this copyrighted stuff because I want to include this in my next book.

According to the copyright notice it's three years old already. Maybe people are already playing this Weak Two Convention in some part of the world by now. I presume the original publication also covered how to count points as well, because that's unclear from this post.

#5 User is offline   bridgepali 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2016-October-16, 12:03

B-) Oops? Just had a senior moment??

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users