Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Replay a Hand in Robot games

#1 User is offline   HotelRomeo 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2016-September-20, 15:12

I'm an Intermediate player, with lots to learn. In the games where I am playing with 3 robots, it would be very educational to be able to replay a hand in its entirety. It's a good way to reinforce learning from my mistakes. It also would allow playing a hand differently; e.g. would this hand be better in 3NT or 4 Spades?
Thank you.

#2 User is offline   manudude03 

• - - A AKQJT9876543
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2016-September-20, 17:59

You wouldn't be able to score it up like a duplicate (or else you can get people playing the boards already knowing where every card is), but you can save the board, and then load it up in a teaching table. The means already exists on BBO.
Wayne Somerville

#3 User is offline   m1cha 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2016-September-21, 16:07

View PostHotelRomeo, on 2016-September-20, 15:12, said:

I'm an Intermediate player, with lots to learn. In the games where I am playing with 3 robots, it would be very educational to be able to replay a hand in its entirety. It's a good way to reinforce learning from my mistakes. It also would allow playing a hand differently; e.g. would this hand be better in 3NT or 4 Spades?
Thank you.

As long as a hand is still in the list of results, you can click Options > Export > Hand Editor to replay and analyse the hand, change the bidding (play a different contract or a contract from the other side), exchange 9 with 2 etc. and always get a double dummy analysis. If the hand was from a tournament, you can do the same even weeks later from My BBO > Hands and Results. (This is for the web version of BBO played from a PC. I don't know if the same works in mobile version.)

#4 User is offline   HotelRomeo 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2016-September-23, 11:49

View Postm1cha, on 2016-September-21, 16:07, said:

As long as a hand is still in the list of results, you can click Options > Export > Hand Editor to replay and analyse the hand, change the bidding (play a different contract or a contract from the other side), exchange 9 with 2 etc. and always get a double dummy analysis. If the hand was from a tournament, you can do the same even weeks later from My BBO > Hands and Results. (This is for the web version of BBO played from a PC. I don't know if the same works in mobile version.)

Thank you for your response. I've saved a hand to My Favorites, and I can load it into the Hand Editor. But I cannot figure out how to change the bidding. Is it possible to re-bid the same hand(to play,say,in 3N instead of 4S)while keeping the same hand?

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users